Sponsored

Hydro Assist Steering

Klausvanwinkle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
*Not sure which sub-forum this should go in*

Has anyone started to look into hydro-assist with the new steering system? I assume it's still possible since the steering pump is electric but the power steering is still hydraulic.

Dynatrac's Code1 concept JL seems like it would need hydro-assist, but they claim that their wheel ends reduced scrub enough to not need hyrdo. Either way, I suspect that the stock steering will end up being a weak link again.

IMG_6350-768x1024.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Klausvanwinkle

Klausvanwinkle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I guess no one's at that point yet. I'm gear up to do it on my JK and wondering how easy it will be to replicate on the JL.

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
I had the frame models jk vs jl and the steering box bolts are very very close to being exact fit. One hole has to be moved for it to work. I know a few guys who have done it this way already so it is possible. You do need to run a cooler to keep the temps down or it will throw a error as I believe there is a temp sensor for the steering. I could be wrong though. My memory isn't as good as it used to be.

I do know psc has a jl box though and I'm sure they are working on a setup.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Any updates on this?
Sponsored