Sponsored

How to clean up these marks?

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Found a couple of marks on the Jeep before washing it and was wondering if anyone knows how it would come off? Obviously the wash didn't do anything to help. Wondering if anyone here has a better idea of what to do.

IMG_1327.jpg
IMG_1326.jpg
IMG_1325.jpg
IMG_1324.jpg
Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Light compound or just try WD40

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like more of a wax product but it cleans off bugs, water spots, and other crude too.
Haven't had any other wax products that will "clean" Designed to detail without needing water. Been using it on bikes and cars for a long time. Won't leave a film on plastics, rubber, or decals.
S100 Detail + Wax...........Harley Dealers have it in stock.

if its a mark and not a scratch, I have used turtle wax bug and tar cleaner (foamy like scrubbing bubbles). It leaves a nice shine also. Worked well on areas like qtr panels that get grease, tar, and rubber globs stuck to it.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Try using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and your favorite detailing spray. Wet the area and scrub very lightly. If that doesn't get it out, use a scratch removing detailing fluid, preferably with a buffer. If your fingernail will go into the grooves of the scratches, the best you can do is get the dirt out of the areas until they can be touched up. Good luck!

Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Found a couple of marks on the Jeep before washing it and was wondering if anyone knows how it would come off? Obviously the wash didn't do anything to help. Wondering if anyone here has a better idea of what to do.
Do NOT use light compound or any kind of compound. You will scratch the clear coat.
IMG_1327.jpg
IMG_1326.jpg
IMG_1325.jpg
IMG_1324.jpg

OP
OP
wranglerguyman

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Thanks guys, its definitely not a scratch. Ran my fingernail against it gently and I don't feel anything. It looks to be a mark. I'll try the methods you guys recommend. Will update once I see some results!

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
Polishing compound and water. Do not use magic erasers!!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Do NOT use a magic eraser unless you want a flat dull spot in your clear coat.

If your fingernail doesn’t catch and it’s a mark not a scratch you’ve got options. First, try 70% isopropyl alcohol on a soft microfiber cloth. If not successful, use a medium clay with a very slick lubricating detail spray or clay lube like Chemical Guys speed wipe or Bkackfire clay lubricant. If that doesn’t work take it to a good professional detailer (not Mr. Car Wash or Bubbles) and pay them to remove it using a polisher. Unless you have the tools and skills to DIY.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For the record, most compounds are stronger than lightly using a Magic Eraser. I get the concern, but a light wax after using a Magic Eraser is MUCH safer than using compound by hand. I've been detailing cars for 35+ years, and wish they'd been around years ago.
Sponsored