Sponsored

How many use a screen protector on the display screen?

How many use a screen protector?

• Total voters

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I bought a 2018 Rubicon. Early in the JL production quite a few JL customers were complaining of premature wear on the touchscreen. An $8 screen protector was a cheap way to avoid the ugliness of a screen that had permanent marks from the most touched locations.
No brainer.
Sponsored

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Screen protector......off road enthusiast.

No Screen protector........Suburban Mall Crawler.

We are all Jeep Enthusiasts your reasons for having a screen protector or not are your own reasons and no one else’s.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
This thread made me order the glass one on Amazon. Since I failed miserably installing the Mopar ones, might as well give the glass a shot. $9.99
Be sure to provide feedback when you get it installed please

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. It went on with no bubbles and was on until very recently, when I discovered my screen delaminating. So I took it off while waiting for Jeep to decide if they'll cover it under warranty or not, since I discovered it at 38k miles. I just want them to say yes or no and get on with swapping it out.

But I digress....the protector worked just fine. Its a big screen, so the chances of something hitting, bumping, or scratching it are pretty good, in my mind.

Once I get the replacement, I'll put the 2nd one on that came in the package.
Wow so you had the delamination issue even with the screen protector?!?!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m one of the folks who experienced screen degrading (see below) on my 2018. Only noticed it in very bright sunlight. It was replaced under warranty. No idea if it was due to lack of screen protector (I think some of the early builds had this same issue) but regardless I installed the Mopar offering on the new unit, and no issues since.

0136B65E-CB4A-4AD4-AB14-9DE8BE7A3DBD.jpeg
Do you have a screen protector now? If so which one and how do you like it?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Wow so you had the delamination issue even with the screen protector?!?!
Yep, right underneath it. It is under the screen so the lamination really had no impact on it one way or the other. I took the laminate off hoping it was a hair that had somehow gotten under it and also hoping it wasn't a crack. I'm still waiting after about 2 months to hear from FCA on whether they'll cover it under the 36k bumper to bumper. I took it in with the issue at 38k. It had to start well before I hit 36k.

Anyway, when it ultimately and finally gets replaced, I'll put the other protector right on it.

Russ Chung

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2005 TJ
After a day of wheeling in the Southern California desert, everything inside my Jeep is coated with dust. I figured that my fingers would quickly grind the dust into the touchscreen. I ordered the Mopar screen protector from the Mopar web site before I picked up my Jeep and installed it as soon as I brought my Jeep home.

The first time I washed the Jeep I also cleaned the screen protector with Windex. THE SCREEN WENT CRAZY!! Even after allowing it to dry and rebooting, it still was going crazy. I thought that I would have to replace my UConnect display. The next day, it was OK. I haven't sprayed Windex on it since!

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Be sure to provide feedback when you get it installed please
Will do. I have it sitting on the counter top right now. Was waiting for it to get warmer to install, but that will be a few months.

I will let you know when I install. I can warm the Jeep up and put it on

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
The Uconnect 3 display in the 2-door Sport I just ordered only has a 5-inch screen. However, MOPAR doesn't seem to sell screen protectors this small. Has anyone found an adequate solution for the 5-inch?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase

Punkn Expo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I run this one as well. Was the easiest install ever, no bubbles, dust or fingerprints.
I bought exact same as this, agree it's an easy install, I've had no problems. I buy screen protectors for everything - iphone, ipad, fitbit, etc. Low cost and extra protection so I figure why not.
Sponsored