How long do Jeeps usually last?

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
I would never purchase a Jeep Wrangler for a daily driver, or expect to get long life out of it, if I was a high mileage driver. This is not to say Jeep are not good vehicles, because they are, but don't expect them to last pretty much trouble free like a Honda, or a Toyota, it's not going to happen. Treat your Jeep right and you will still have to spend money on it over time, it's just the nature of the beast. I read everyday on this forum of owners having to spend high dollars for repairs that I think shouldn't have to spend with the lower mileage they have on their Jeep, but is it from abuse, or just a Jeep. My sisters Toyota FJ has 150,000 miles on it an is 11 years sold, only real money spent on it was the 100,000 service, around $1000.
Sponsored

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
My 08 JK had 185,000 miles on it when I traded it in for 18 JL. Just don't be an asshole with the the vehicle and you should be fine.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
How long do Jeeps usually last?
Usually between 20 to 30 seconds... before needing to refuel

OffRocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
The real question is, how reliable are they if I neglect proper maintenance? What's the buffer zone like?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 Sport and was wondering how long these vehicles generally last? I've put about 15,000 miles on it so far (I've done 3 long road trips so far). I'm being sent to Chicago for 4 weeks and was considering driving from San Diego (2,000 miles) there and then back (4,000 total miles) so that I'd be able to get around easier for those 4 weeks, but I was afraid of putting too many miles on the Jeep. I know people say Jeeps, especially Wranglers are super reliable and hold well longer than other vehicles. But does anyone have a ballpark of how many miles to expect to get out of their Wrangler? I do my best to keep it maintained well and change the fluids at the designated times/intervals. This is my first vehicle other than a 1998 Civic that I'd bought used in high school that had 150k on it but was in pretty bad shape. Thanks in advance!
That is directly proportional to the number of times and/or the amount of money you wish to spend taking it to the shop...

Sponsored

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
My '20 JLR has 91,658 Miles on it. Everything works perfectly and always has. The engine is as quiet and smooth as it was when it was new. The performance is better, now that the engine has turned over 180,000,000 revolutions it spins free and revs quick. It has received regular maintenance. All gear case fluids have been changed twice. Oil changes were done when oil life indicator dropped below 30%. All maintenance was done in my shop. I have owned somewhere north of 50 new cars and trucks and this JLR has been one of the few that has had absolutely nothing go wrong requiring dealer service or warranty work with this many miles on it, pretty damned good considering all the electronics and features a fully loaded jlr has. I hope my '21 392 is the same. So far, so good at 4k miles.

The most important factors in vehicle reliability are the driver and maintenance. It is important to understand your vehicle, read the owners manual and....... be the kind of person you would want as a customer when you visit dealers.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

My '20 JLR has 91,658 Miles on it. Everything works perfectly and always has. The engine is as quiet and smooth as it was when it was new. The performance is better, now that the engine has turned over 180,000,000 revolutions it spins free and revs quick. It has received regular maintenance. All gear case fluids have been changed twice. Oil changes were done when oil life indicator dropped below 30%. All maintenance was done in my shop. I have owned somewhere north of 50 new cars and trucks and this JLR has been one of the few that has had absolutely nothing go wrong requiring dealer service or warranty work with this many miles on it, pretty damned good considering all the electronics and features a fully loaded jlr has. I hope my '21 392 is the same. So far, so good at 4k miles.

The most important factors in vehicle reliability are the driver and maintenance. It is important to understand your vehicle, read the owners manual and....... be the kind of person you would want as a customer when you visit dealers.

Wow that is some serious driving and good to know!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I would tell you it is one of the most reliable vehicles and long lasting you can buy. It is common for Jeeps to get north of 200,000 miles while being wheeled.

You don't have to search very hard to find a Jeep Wrangler that is 25+ years old that has spent many of days on the trail and in the mud and it is still running and getting it done.

Sure a Toyota Camry is good car, but if they even did received 10% of the abuse a wrangler receives during it lifetime is would be a phile of junk. It is one thing to say it is reliable and praise something like the Toyota Camry that never sees dirt, mud, rocks or water over the hood and say it is better than the Jeep.

There is probably no vehicle that stands up to the punishment that the Jeep Wrangler receives at the hands of its owners and is still running and wheeling for 25+ years.
Sponsored