Sponsored

How Does this Get Through Quality Control?

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Yet another reason to don’t worry about rushing to make a purchase now let Jeep have time to get the kinks out and finish up with the JK.

Two door hasn’t even gone in the production yet and I have no problem waiting while the kinks are worked through.

This is the first JLU delivered to the dealer where I have a factory order and was dropped off on Wednesday. See anything odd?

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg
Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Welp, see you guys next year, who knows what hoses are missing under the hood :bandit:

ah who am i kidding

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I always did wonder what happens if the vehicle gets some damage during transit (dinged, scratched, etc). Do dealers do the touch-up work or do they send it off to a body shop nearby possibly? Wonder if the rear/left fender got damaged and was replaced with the unpainted and waiting to be touched up?
Exactly what I was thinking. Highly unlikely to fly off since it is exterior piece designed to take lots of direct air pressure. Most likely damaged or scratched and the piece to be resprayed or replaced.

Still stick on parts for $395 but I think it looks good but will see what the aftermarket comes up with by the time I am ready to buy.

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
One of these things is not like the others.

Must have 4 QC inspectors at the end of assembly line. One at each quarter. The person inspecting the left rear didn't realize it was a Sahara. Thought it was a Sport.

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
Guys, this is just the new sporhara trim. Each of the four tow package aux buttons control a separate fender color. The dealer only pushed one of the buttons. No big deal.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Nope looks like the color cap fell off. Thats a good sign for those who spent $1000 for colored plastic caps that just get glued to stock fenders.
There is no color cap, the wrong flares were put on one side or the other. 50/50 guess on how it was supposed to be....

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 F-150, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Business Development
Koons has a Red one and the front portion of the freedom top is body color and the back black.

RussTKD

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yet another reason to don’t worry about rushing to make a purchase now let Jeep have time to get the kinks out and finish up with the JK.

Two door hasn’t even gone in the production yet and I have no problem waiting while the kinks are worked through.

Pfft... There was a '17 Sahara at my dealer with a Sport sticker on the passenger fender. These bugs will never be worked out.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I see Nothing Wrong.. other than the combo is back to front. :devil:

59539724-27BB-4AD5-8BA2-5295A88D205E.jpeg

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Koons has a Red one and the front portion of the freedom top is body color and the back black.
Now if we could only order them like that it would look good on some colour combos.

Sponsored

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Another reason to wait and let Jeep get the kinks out.

Those that have to be the first on the block for the look at me factor, well.....

Guys, this is just the new sporhara trim. Each of the four tow package aux buttons control a separate fender color. The dealer only pushed one of the buttons. No big deal.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Nope looks like the color cap fell off. Thats a good sign for those who spent $1000 for colored plastic caps that just get glued to stock fenders.
It’s s $395 option, invoice is like 330, this is not a $1000 option

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Now if we could only order them like that it would look good on some colour combos.
Jeep needs to pull a VW one of these years and offer a harlequin Wrangler. I’d be all over that.

dlobell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Sahara
Why do people think its a color cap? They come painted from the factory
Sponsored