Sponsored

Quality Control? My fender isn't completely painted!!!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have a black Sahara JLU. Being that it is black it is easy to see every speck of dirt or LACK OF PAINT. I see some spots on the bottom of the door jam where the paint stops short of where a plastic trim piece sits. Under the hood you can see some corners and nooks where the paint didn't get to. I get it, who cares. The sill plate... meh, poor quality paint job IMO but I'm not going to kick and scream. Looks like they cut some corners to make sure they only used as much paint as needed.

Now, not completely painting the outside of a fender??? Not acceptable. I'm surprised it took me 2.5 months to see it. The sun was full force the other day right after the Jeep was washed. I was drying it and I saw grey flecks like something sprayed the side of the Jeep but it was only on the fender, not the fender flare or the door right next to it. I rubbed it and I realized the black paint was so thin there that they must have only done one pass and never completely covered the primer. You've got to be kidding me!!! Now it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's completely smooth AND it occurs under the Wrangler sticker so I know this is from the factory.

Is there a quality/customer care number to contact regarding stuff like this?

There is no way I want that fender repainted since it will never be exact. There is no way the body shop will put those emblems and stickers on as perfectly as the factory did. Well, that's my opinion anyway. I thought about pushing for an entire completed fender but don't know how much of a fight it would be. Also thought of letting it be but that doesn't sit too well. Maybe there is a way to have the body shop spray the section only and blend it. Thoughts?

The flecks on the door are just dust.

upload_2018-4-16_12-48-58.jpeg

upload_2018-4-16_12-49-9.jpeg

upload_2018-4-16_12-49-19.jpeg

upload_2018-4-16_12-49-27.jpeg
Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
You are not going to get a new fender. Besides, you run the risk of incurring more damage if they do remove and replace it. Any good body shop can fix that.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
You are not going to get a new fender. Besides, you run the risk of incurring more damage if they do remove and replace it. Any good body shop can fix that.
A Chrysler rep actually got back to me. Working out the details of getting the dealer and rep to look at it. One of the first comments out of his mouth were about getting a brand new fender already painted and putting it on. I was surprised at that. Still don't know how comfortable I am with anyone touching it.
Sponsored