Sponsored

What is this part and how does one reconnect it?

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

Sorry in advance if this isn’t quite the right spot to post. I’ll be happy to move threads is someone wants to point me in the right direction.

Was inspecting under the 2020 Wrangler JLU and found this part/cable to be disconnected. the photo that is highlighted is the Passenger Rear and the disconnected side is the Driver Rear.

What is it? How can I reconnect? Just looking for some basic info. I’m happy to google from there, but I just don’t know what it is currently.

Thanks in advance!
Jeep Wrangler JL What is this part and how does one reconnect it? 8225E078-D755-41CD-9DA5-5EE3468F34B3

Jeep Wrangler JL What is this part and how does one reconnect it? F1D6993F-3096-4FEE-AFC8-8ED22DC544E8
Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That's your ebrake cable and should be connected.

Park on level ground and lower your ebrake in the cab. If you can,, chuck your wheels for safety.

Pull the cable to the eye and reconnect it. It'll be a tight connection as it's under tension, so I suggest using pliers to help.

If you can't get it reconnected, then take it to your dealer and have them reconnect it.

OP
OP
music293

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

That's your ebrake cable and should be connected.

Park on level ground and lower your ebrake in the cab. If you can,, chuck your wheels for safety.

Pull the cable to the eye and reconnect it. It'll be a tight connection as it's under tension, so I suggest using pliers to help.

If you can't get it reconnected, then take it to your dealer and have them reconnect it.
thank you for the info!! Much appreciated!
Sponsored