OP

JeepRx

First Name
Taz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara
Just placed my order with Renee at Gupton. Easy process and is saving me a little over $7,000 out the door over my original deal I started this post with. Thank you for the help. Now the wait begins!
Sponsored

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
Just placed my order with Renee at Gupton. Easy process and is saving me a little over $7,000 out the door over my original deal I started this post with. Thank you for the help. Now the wait begins!
7k is not chump change! Definitely worth it, now you get to enjoy the shared impatience all of us endure! Congratulations!

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK — Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
Awesome!

amajoh

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Moab, 2014 JK Willys
Seriously, crazy to me what some people will pay to avoid a hassle, and I just made a post saying I'd leave 1k on the table to not deal with Carvana again.

I'm in Dallas and I tried 15 dealers in the DFW area for a custom order. I ended up going with demontrond for 4% below invoice, whereas the best I got in Dallas was MSRP and also lies from 14/15 dealers, and one dealer tentatively offering 1% below invoice for tread lightly but adding in some dealer fees.

For me, with a 4xe MSRP of 54,680, I was looking at a difference of almost 5k.

It's definitely worth keeping in mind that a lot of dealerships will give you invoice-1% for affiliates, and that's a large portion of the savings. If you're buying a rubicon, you're looking at ~500$ per 1% off that you're haggling for. If you're buying a sport or a sport s, you're looking at ~350 per 1%. Dealer dock fees can range from negligible to over 1000$, at which point your % off invoice matters way less.

It's really easy to get that same savings with better financing or better trade in value, and it's also really easy to lose that value by paying for 1000 miles of gas, shipping, or plane tickets. It's also really, really easy for a dealer to slap lojack, tint, and the 35$ mopar security bolts on your car and charge you 2500$ for the "SECURITY PACKAGE."

For me? I think it's worth it for sure to do your research and get the best possible deal. I didn't value the hassle of driving to one of the coasts from DFW to get a 6/7% off invoice deal, but 200 miles for 5000$? Hell yea that's worth it.
Who did you work with at demontrond? I’m about to start emailing around about my build and your deal sounds perfect to me.

Ratiogear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Who did you work with at demontrond? I’m about to start emailing around about my build and your deal sounds perfect to me.
Neil at Demontrond was offering 4% off near the end of April. Some other dealers were not. Mark Martinez at Mac Haik Georgetown was doing 4% off with dealer financing and tread lightly being 2 of those %.

Right now it's harder to get deals and even harder to get deals on 4xes.
Sponsored