Sponsored

Is this a decent deal?

Jeeprider99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Wrangler Sport S
Hello! I'm looking at buying, but want to make sure it's a decent price. It's a 2018 sport s unlimited for $34,000 and has 20,000 miles. 3.6 L engine, technology group, convenience group, cold weather group, and a hard top. Is this a decent price for this? Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Hello! I'm looking at buying, but want to make sure it's a decent price. It's a 2018 sport s unlimited for $34,000 and has 20,000 miles. 3.6 L engine, technology group, convenience group, cold weather group, and a hard top. Is this a decent price for this? Thanks everyone!
Couple of questions:

1. Automatic or Manual? The Automatic is considered one of the best in the business right now

2. What does the carfax say?

3. has the steering and track bar TSB been done already?

4. is this a private party or dealer selling the Jeep?

OP
OP

Jeeprider99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Wrangler Sport S
1. It's an automatic.
2. Carfax says it hasn't had any accidents/issues.
3. How would I find this out? Ask the person selling it?
4. It's a dealership

Thank you for the response!

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
I just bought my 2018 out of its lease for $28,800. Sport S 3.6, auto, hard top, convenience group, 37,000mi. Granted.....it’s not the same thing. Lease buy outs are pre determined at time of lease signing, but looking around at what others are going for it was well below. A 20,000mi JLU with your options for $34,000 isn’t bad. It’s about on par with current market.

Look at the steering box. The old aluminum one (like mine) is bare aluminum. The new one is black steel. I didn’t have the TSB done on mine, and now I’ve waited too long for it to be free. It never bothered me enough to have it done.

Keep in mind, your ESS battery will probably need to be changed soon. Others with 3 year old JL’s have started to see issues, and like clockwork, right after 36,000mi, mine started to show signs of degradation too. Main battery is still just fine, but ESS functions are degrading.

OP
OP

Jeeprider99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Wrangler Sport S
In terms of ESS batteries, how much does that cost to change? I can't seem to find anything about the price of it.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
A 2021 edition of that car and options is about $43-44k, if you find Dealer who will negotiate below invoice on the price (look in this section for recommend dealer post) you could get it for around 40k. If you wanted to save a few dollar you could buy a Sport S with the 2.0T. It might only cost you $6k to buy a new car with heated seat and hardtop. (Technology is now required and the convenience is required with heated seats on a Sport S)

Based on my search for buying a used JK Sport models, $34k is probably the ballpark of the going rate.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In terms of ESS batteries, how much does that cost to change? I can't seem to find anything about the price of it.
the battery itself is a couple hundred dollars for a quality unit. I’m sure labor will be terrible since you have to pull the wheel and fender liner out to get to it. I haven’t done it myself yet, but watching videos on how it’s done, it doesn’t look hard. I’m definitely just doing it myself, but I’m also confident with working on vehicles. It might be intimidating to some.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Replacing the batteries will cost you about $1000. That's about the price to do a DIY install of a Genesis system. The two batteries at the dealer are about $250 each and plan on at least 3 hours labor. I think they go from the top down rather than thru the fender. $1000 for a system that makes sense or $800 to keep the crappy OEM. I'm installing a Genesis this summer. The dealer ship should be willing to give you a print out of all the work on that VIN.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replacing the batteries will cost you about $1000. That's about the price to do a DIY install of a Genesis system. The two batteries at the dealer are about $250 each and plan on at least 3 hours labor. I think they go from the top down rather than thru the fender. $1000 for a system that makes sense or $800 to keep the crappy OEM. I'm installing a Genesis this summer. The dealer ship should be willing to give you a print out of all the work on that VIN.
How is that system different? I was planning on doing an Optima yellow top for the main since I run a winch and OBA, and a quality AGM for the ESS. Though I’m open to other better options.

EDIT: oh I see it now. It’s a true dual battery kit. Seems like quite a lot for that kit....but it is just plug and play.

Last edited:

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
with some of the deals some of the dealers can do with he 7-8% below invoice you can get factory order custom build for close to that price if you don't mind waiting 6-10 weeks and maybe taking a flight and road trip to pick it up and drive her home....

just food for thought

OP
OP

Jeeprider99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Wrangler Sport S
Do all dealerships do this or is just a select few? Would I just need to call around to see?
Sponsored