Sponsored

Possible deal. Is this it? Good deal? Bad deal? Am I rushing? Need feedback!

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
My current deal is 12% below MSRP for a rubi using their financing, 10% using my own.

Is the 1k worth a refi in 6 months, higher Apr, and another credit score ding.
Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
If you have the cash, you can put up to $10K down on the FCA financing, and you can pay the principal down as soon as you get the loan docs. You only have to make 6 payments before payoff. So if you were planning to pay cash, take advantage of the financing, put the max down, and pay the principal down ASAP.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Here's the real deal, they ASK you to wait 6 months to refinance. The reality is there is no prepayment penalty on most states' (maybe all) standard retail sale contracts for automobiles. You can refinance right away if you so please.

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Ok good to know about the 6 month no prepayment penalty. I’d rather use my CU and take advantage of the 1k savings as well.

Anybody do this in California? Use FCA then refi right away?

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Ok good to know about the 6 month no prepayment penalty. I’d rather use my CU and take advantage of the 1k savings as well.

Anybody do this in California? Use FCA then refi right away?
I'm about to find out if this deal goes through lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know what happens. Who’d you go with, marsh or dillion?
I'm still negotiating and was going to post here for more info...

I'm almost done negotiating the price of the vehicle. They asked if I had a trade in. I said no. I want the price to go down a little more and I think I can do that.

What can I do for my next step? Do I ask how much the monthly is? Or don't do that because I'm supposed to get the price I want for the Jeep?

I'm planning to tell them I'll trade in my car and if they can get my monthly payment to $xxx.xx then we have a deal.

Is that the right strategy? Or do I try to find out how much they'll take for my car first and if it's not enough, just tell them we have a deal if you can get my monthly payments to $xxx.xx.

After test driving the jeep, I noticed that it doesn't take any effort to step on the clutch. It's going to take a little getting used to but I never stalled so I guess it wasn't that bad.

It has that stop engine feature that some people hate but I never noticed it during the drive because when I stopped, I put it in neutral and that keeps the engine running. I never put it in first at a stop so the engine never turned off. It seems like a non factor on a manual.

I'm going to ask them to throw in the lifetime warranty.

Can someone verify that I can use the jeep wave program for free oil change/tire rotations at a local dealer closer to me, instead of driving to the dealer where I purchased the jeep?

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Don’t work off monthly payments. Work off the price of the Jeep. Then once you have that work on the trade in price.

DONT go off monthly payments. That’s how they screw you.

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
@Jeepney18 rule of thumb I learned doing my research, 10% off MsRP is good. I’m on the final negotiating with marsh in Vegas for a price match at 46k OtD on a rubi on a order.

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Shit. Dennis Dillion just told me the rubi I want was a special order, customer changed his mind on colors. Should I be worried? Hopefully not a scam.

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Shit. Dennis Dillion just told me the rubi I want was a special order, customer changed his mind on colors. Should I be worried? Hopefully not a scam.
The more I read about Dennis Dillon the more I’d steer clear of that place. Seems that they’re playing fast and loose, and I always prefer to be dealt with honestly and as openly as possible. When I bought my JL I had my check already written before I showed up for the first time. All my dealing were done through text messages. My deal was exactly what it was supposed to be right down to the penny. I know car purchases are notorious for being hard. But things are definitely changing in the world of internet reviews and forums like this one.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
The more I read about Dennis Dillon the more I’d steer clear of that place. Seems that they’re playing fast and loose, and I always prefer to be dealt with honestly and as openly as possible. When I bought my JL I had my check already written before I showed up for the first time. All my dealing were done through text messages. My deal was exactly what it was supposed to be right down to the penny. I know car purchases are notorious for being hard. But things are definitely changing in the world of internet reviews and forums like this one.
You have posted some astute and rational posts . This is another example .

These Cali buyers ought to check to see if an out of state purchase will be covered under Cali lemon law ?

In your case , Delaware is already steering clear of Idaho , n'est-ce pas ?

Last edited:

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
welp lets see what happens, just put the deposit down. :please:

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
You have posted some astute and rational posts . This is another example .

These Cali buyers ought to check to see if an out of state purchase will be covered under Cali lemon law ?

In your case , Delaware is already steering clear of Idaho , n'est-ce pas ?
It's not covered. You'd have to claim any lemon issues either on a federal level or possibly through the state you purchased.

Plenty of californians have purchased out of state and are perfectly happy. I'd love to keep my business in ca but I'm not gonna spend 3-4k more to do it.

Maybe local dealers pricing will start getting better as the newness of the JL wears off.

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
It's not covered. You'd have to claim any lemon issues either on a federal level or possibly through the state you purchased.

Plenty of californians have purchased out of state and are perfectly happy. I'd love to keep my business in ca but I'm not gonna spend 3-4k more to do it.

Maybe local dealers pricing will start getting better as the newness of the JL wears off.
I agree if cali dealers started to lower prices I would buy local. I was not going to wait until they do. Me and the wife are road tripping from Idaho back to SoCal.
Sponsored