Sponsored

Possible deal. Is this it? Good deal? Bad deal? Am I rushing? Need feedback!

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Dillon 2.jpg
View attachment 78676 I have a configuration preview from Dillon's and an offer from a local dealer. Dillon's configured a build with my exact options. The local dealer has a few more features (convenience group, safety group, alpine premium audio system). They're willing to match 34,777 +TTL and financing if I buy today. Is that a deal, or am I being rushed?

local 2.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Wow! I am a firm believer that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Does the owner need baby food or new shoes for the wife?
Is it a demo model? New or miles on it?
IF it checks all your boxes then yes do it. That is like 15% off MSRP. See the EP number. That’s employee pricing and is roughly 5% off MSRP. Most shoot for around that. So...
I would definitely go over it with a fine tooth comb though. Check welds, drive it, ask about codes, etc. But cost wise, if all seems ok, definitely jump on it.

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! I am a firm believer that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Does the owner need baby food or new shoes for the wife?
Is it a demo model? New or miles on it?
IF it checks all your boxes then yes do it. That is like 15% off MSRP. See the EP number. That’s employee pricing and is roughly 5% off MSRP. Most shoot for around that. So...
I would definitely go over it with a fine tooth comb though. Check welds, drive it, ask about codes, etc. But cost wise, if all seems ok, definitely jump on it.
Makes me think there's gotta be something wrong. What's the catch?

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Tell Dillon’s you’re a cash buyer. See what they say about that low price they’re showing you before you make it to their business office.

Dillon’s shows a low number but it’s contigent on you financing at a much higher interest than you’re qualified to receive, from what’s been written on this forum by other members.

Their goal is to confuse you. They can make more money on a confused customer than they can on a cash buyer who knows exactly what to write the check for.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Makes me think there's gotta be something wrong. What's the catch?
Yep. That’s what I’d be wondering. A buy today contingency (not being months end) makes me think there’s codes or issues that pop up after extended driving or something. Again though I am just skeptical by nature. So factor other opinions also.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tell Dillon’s you’re a cash buyer. See what they say about that low price they’re showing you before you make it to their business office.

Dillon’s shows a low number but it’s contigent on you financing at a much higher interest than you’re qualified to receive, from what’s been written on this forum by other members.

Their goal is to confuse you. They can make more money on a confused customer than they can on a cash buyer who knows exactly what to write the check for.
I got a reply that the guaranteed price would go up $1000 if paying by cash.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I got a reply that the guaranteed price would go up $1000 if paying by cash.
Well, there you go. I would remain a skeptic in my dealings with any dealer who flashes a deal that they’d lose money on without fully disclosing the catch up front.

If there’s a catch (and there always is if a deal is too good to be true) then I want to know what it is up front.

Cash is king. If you’re not getting the best price on ANYTHING by paying cash, then I’d take my business elsewhere.

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, there you go. I would remain a skeptic in my dealings with any dealer who flashes a deal that they’d lose money on without fully disclosing the catch up front.

If there’s a catch (and there always is if a deal is too good to be true) then I want to know what it is up front.

Cash is king. If you’re not getting the best price on ANYTHING by paying cash, then I’d take my business elsewhere.
Sorry I'm confused. Dillon's deal went up but the local deal where I'm planning to get the car from, isn't that the one that matters?

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Dennis Dillon tells you up front that it’s $1000 more if you don’t use their financing. It’s not a secret. It says “with Chrysler financing”. There’s almost always a discount if you finance through chrysler. You only have to make 3 payments before you refinance.

That local deal is great as long as they don’t have any contigencies. I think people are getting confused here. Ask the local dealer if there’s anything special you have to do to qualify for that price.

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Dennis Dillon tells you up front that it’s $1000 more if you don’t use their financing. It’s not a secret. It says “with Chrysler financing”. There’s almost always a discount if you finance through chrysler. You only have to make 3 payments before you refinance.

That local deal is great as long as they don’t have any contigencies. I think people are getting confused here. Ask the local dealer if there’s anything special you have to do to qualify for that price.
I’d always give my local dealer my business if they’re close to the deal offered by a dealer outside of my community.

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Could it be that this Jeep has been on the lot for two months and they're more willing to make a deal to get it off the lot?

SmartSelect_20180816-184142_Messages.jpg

Travis2929

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Dillion is offering me a rubi for low 40s. I plan on refinancing with my credit union once I get my registration and 1st account statement. Plan is to use Chrysler financing for the 1k off. if I have to wait until 3 payments to switch I might not even bother.

Now I’m skeptical after seeing this. Can anybody confirm refinancing window and if Dillion is a scam?

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Dillion is offering me a rubi for low 40s. I plan on refinancing with my credit union once I get my registration and 1st account statement. Plan is to use Chrysler financing for the 1k off. if I have to wait until 3 payments to switch I might not even bother.

Now I’m skeptical after seeing this. Can anybody confirm refinancing window and if Dillion is a scam?
Actually I just double checked. I was wrong. It’s 6 payments before you can re finance. I confirmed this with two dealers. It’s a Chrysler financing rule not the dealership.

Dennis Dillon is not a scam. Even if you pay $1000 more to not deal with Chrysler financing they still beat 99% of dealer prices. All the other dealers out there offering 5%+ below invoice have the same deal. Bigger discount if you finance.

I got quotes from 6 of the recommended dealers on this forum and every single one gave you a bigger discount if you financed through them.

StuntmanMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Volvo XC70, 2000 Firebird Formula

According to numerous articles I've read by people in the business, "cash is king" does not hold true in the car business. Dealers make more money if you finance with them.

And maybe you guys are being too suspicious of his local dealer. Maybe he just wants it off the lot because hardly anyone wants a manual transmission these days.
Sponsored