Hood Slam

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
I got the Redline tuning hood struts. So glad I did. Super easy install but you do have to make a small cut on the right side for it to clear. But easily done with a dremel
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
We have a Quick Release function on our gas springs so you can still lay the hood back if you need more clearance. :like:

EDIT: Please disregard, decided to send you a question via PM instead.

OP
OP
Hearhear

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
So whatā€™s the worst that can happen to my 392 hood if I slammed it down too hard? Can it crack the frame over the radiator? Crack the radiator?

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So whatā€™s the worst that can happen to my 392 hood if I slammed it down too hard? Can it crack the frame over the radiator? Crack the radiator?
As others have mentioned, youā€™re probably fine. That said, my best guess of the most likely thing that could be damaged by a hard slam is probably the heavy, air/water separating intake unit (not sure what that piece is technically called) attached to the center of the underside of the hood & hood scoop.

I would just look that piece over thoroughly to make sure it isnā€™t cracked, or hasnā€™t pulled away from the hood anywhere.

I would also add that if you had cracked your radiator, youā€™d probably already know via a leak or puddle underneath your Jeep.

If youā€™re still concerned after looking at it, you can always let your dealerā€™s service dept check it out to give you some piece of mind.

Just my thoughts,
-Rob

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I got the Redline tuning hood struts. So glad I did. Super easy install but you do have to make a small cut on the right side for it to clear. But easily done with a dremel
Iā€™m going to buy one so Iā€™m guessing I got a buy a Dremel now too?

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™m going to buy one so Iā€™m guessing I got a buy a Dremel now too?
Yep! And grab yourself a little bottle of black touch up paint or sealant of some sort for the small edge of exposed metal on the bracket for a cleaner look, and to prevent any future corrosion.

(That was actually my question that I deleted and PMā€™d to the rep from Redline because I didnā€™t want to derail the thread any further.)

Oh, and J, TX_Ovrlnd is right, everyone should own a Dremel! šŸ˜„

(I canā€™t give you too much grief though, as mine broke years ago and Iā€™ve never replaced it, so Iā€™ll have to pick one up too!)

-Rob

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
It does seem rather envious in tone, if they had to make the trip to the pumps and shell out for fuel it would quickly turn to pity lol.

Everyone should own a dremel!
Yep! And grab yourself a little bottle of black touch up paint or sealant of some sort for the small edge of exposed metal on the bracket for a cleaner look, and to prevent any future corrosion.

(That was actually my question that I deleted and PMā€™d to the rep from Redline because I didnā€™t want to derail the thread any further.)

Oh, and J, TX_Ovrlnd is right, everyone should own a Dremel! šŸ˜„

(I canā€™t give you too much grief though, as mine broke years ago and Iā€™ve never replaced it, so Iā€™ll have to pick one up too!)

-Rob
I will definitely pick one up. I grew up in our house where my dad was a pastor. He was not handy at all. So pretty much everything that Iā€™m doing now is just learning from others and getting better with working with my hands day by day :)

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Chillax.

Thats cause he is envious lol.
It makes no sense. Itā€™s all Jeeps. Shouldnā€™t there be a common bond? Hey your local right? We should go Wheeling!

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
It makes no sense. Itā€™s all Jeeps. Shouldnā€™t there be a common bond? Hey your local right? We should go Wheeling!
One would think that until you mention your rig has an angry grille, then all bets are off (mine will not lol).

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
One would think that until you mention your rig has an angry grille, then all bets are off (mine will not lol).
I despise angry grills only because I think they take away from the Jeeps classic look but it wouldnā€™t stop me from wheeling with the person, nor do I find myself bitching about it on multiple threads haha :)

In all fairness though me and my wife hate angry eye grills and shrug every time we see one.

Sponsored

cbh

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Occupation
Retired Air Force
@Hearhear

@Redline Tuning a Forum Sponsor has a hood lift system for the 392 and other JL's and the JT.

Well worth the $. Install is easy and geeeez, what a pleasure to have,,

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...able-specifically-for-the-wrangler-392.72500/

21-20007-02-2.jpg
Absolutely a ā€œMust Modā€ for the Rubicon 392 owner! Before I installed the Redline Hood Struts, I was lifting the 26 lb. hood high above my head with one hand while reaching for the Prop Rod with the other hand -- it was a ā€œstretchā€. Just two hacksaw cuts and some filing with a half round file was all it took. Finish with some black touch up paint and youā€™re done.

tempImageJNEX7h.png

tempImage30kbIW.png

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
my hood was bend brand new from factory. no worries, it's a jeep, UAW worker proudly put it together, hood is the least you need to worry about.

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.