First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Can anybody recommend a hitch mounted cargo carrier that would allow the rear gate to be opened without removing the carrier? I'm looking for something approximately 24"X60" that could be unloaded and then the rear gate opened to unload that area when camping. I was considering this Curt model but I don't think the rear gate would clear the sides of the carrier.

Curt Cargo Carrier
Sponsored

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
I use this one for huntin, also usable for travelling I suggest.

Amazon Basics - Gepäckträger für Anhängerkupplung: Amazon.de: Auto

It fits german OEM Rubicon tyre, which is 255/75R17- should also fit 285/75R17 OEM US Rubicon tyres.
There is about 1,25" beween cargo carrier and spare tyre.

It holds up to 200kg, which I already tested. Good quality for low price.

Greets

Tobias

Sponsored

OP
OP
mark090852

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Harbor freight works great.

Buckzona

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU
Can anybody recommend a hitch mounted cargo carrier that would allow the rear gate to be opened without removing the carrier? I'm looking for something approximately 24"X60" that could be unloaded and then the rear gate opened to unload that area when camping. I was considering this Curt model but I don't think the rear gate would clear the sides of the carrier.

Curt Cargo Carrier
Just wondering if you went with the Curt model as I am considering it as well. If so, how is it working for you? Thanks!

Sponsored

JudgeKnot

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
OP
OP
mark090852

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just wondering if you went with the Curt model as I am considering it as well. If so, how is it working for you? Thanks!
No, we never did get one. My wife and I practiced packing the Jeep with all our stuff and dog, and managed to get everything in there without a cargo carrier. So for now, we are thinking we won't need one. But if my wife orders just one more thing off of Amazon, I may have to rethink that!

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Curt Cargo Carrier
Hey Mark:

I put an ordinary Harbor Freight cargo carrier on at back, which as you describe, would have interfered with opening the tailgate where it not for a several foot long extension piece I purchased on ebay.

Remember that with this distance from the hitch lies commensurate reduction in the amount of weight the cargo carrier should hold.
Sponsored