Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Jeep Wrangler JL Hiding wires B3755CD9-9F6D-459E-9516-C381569AC60B
Just as title says, I’d like to hide my CarPlay cable, as well as extra charging cable into my dash and come up to my Rubigrid phone mount.

I don’t like the wires hanging down in front of everything. Any solutions out there?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Wireless carplay modules are around $100.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Somewhere on the forum is a post (maybe in the DIY section?) of someone who did that really cleanly, with a USB-C port at the top in the little dash tray area. Super nice and clean looking.

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 4xe JLU
Can run it behind the trim panels, if you're jsut trying to minimize the cord.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hiding wires 1651264045728

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Think you'd need to plug a long USB cable in to the center console port, run it up along the center trim, in behind the central dash panel, and then tie in to a USB female to female somewhere on the top portion of the dash. Probably a good idea to find the thread already referenced where another guy did this. If it were just for mo pawah babeh, I'd say get a 12v pigtail which goes between the 12v lighter and it's power plug, and then add a USB A stepdown off that. But if you need the Carplay function, you're stuck running a cable to one of the OE USB ports.

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Think you'd need to plug a long USB cable in to the center console port, run it up along the center trim, in behind the central dash panel, and then tie in to a USB female to female somewhere on the top portion of the dash. Probably a good idea to find the thread already referenced where another guy did this. If it were just for mo pawah babeh, I'd say get a 12v pigtail which goes between the 12v lighter and it's power plug, and then add a USB A stepdown off that. But if you need the Carplay function, you're stuck running a cable to one of the OE USB ports.
This is what I did also, but newer Wranglers have issues with CarPlay and the USB port in the center console, so probably not a good solution. Mine is a 2020 and I've had no issues using this port for CarPlay.

IMG_5671.jpeg

IMG_5672.jpeg

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sorry, this has nothing to do with your topic but what is that line on your windshield?

Jeep Wrangler JL Hiding wires 1651266177348

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Not a very good picture but I ran the wire from the armrest plug, through a hole I made in the bottom corner of the bin( like a previous poster shows) and under the consol up under the dash and out from under the stereo face trim. I carved a tiny notch in the trim the size of the wire. You could have it come out at the top corner too, where ever you want it.
I’d go take a better picture of it if I had my Jeep, it’s at the body shop getting the tailgate hinges redone on warranty.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hiding wires A696DB84-43B8-4D86-8A76-67BC004CEC44

Sponsored

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I have a Bulletpoint mount for my phone. My OCD wouldn't let wires hang down in front of my dash either. I took the dash apart and snaked the power cord up behind everything. Then I drilled a hole in the top of dash under the Bulletpoint base plate, drilled a matching hole in the baseplate then added a rubber grommet to protect the wire from chaffing. I added a USB powerpoint under the dash behind the steering kick panel where I can get at it and plugged the power cord in there.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hiding wires IMG_8183.JPG

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
Here's where I put the power connector for the phone cable. It's right behind the steering column kick panel where I can reach it. I also plugged my dash cam into it after hiding the wire that runs to that. The silver bolt to the left of the power point is OEM. I used a 3/4" EMT conduit clamp to hold it in place with that bolt, then zip tied for a little extra holding power.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hiding wires IMG_8193.JPG

jimmym1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is great! I was just looking to figure this aspect out myself because of my cord OCD. Where did you jump the power off of?
Sponsored