First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I think unfortunately we are too late, it seems the negativity ran off the OP. 👎
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think unfortunately we are too late, it seems the negativity ran off the OP. 👎
Either he doesn’t have a 1,000 HP Camaro and comes on here to fantasize, or he does and is right now too busy closing another $1,000,000 contract. In which case he will be back in due time.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I like the lights, are those the Baja Design LP4s? Are they bright on the trail? I was thinking about just getting two for my bumper.
Yes, Baja Designs LP4 Pros. And yes, they are definitely bright. About 8800 lumens each.

In this pic, I only had the running lights and 1 pair of the LP4's on. Unfortunately, the true brightness never seems to come across in pictures.
Jeep Wrangler JL Help the Noob, please. 20210127_200100

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
$10K... hahahahahaha

Knowing what you did to that camaro, you just wait. Are you married? If so you better increase that 'honey dont know' stash

Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
Smaller the tires bigger the thrill.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
Greetings!

I'm Jared. I'm absolutely brand new to all of this Jeep stuff. I've always been a huge GM homer and as such have almost exclusively owned Chevs all my life.

After going to TrailHero last October in my friends Agility Customs built JLU, I was HOOKED! I'm now selling my insanely modified 2016 Camaro SS to shift gears completely and get a 2021 Rubicon. I plan to do a solid adjustable 3" lift and run 37's with bead locks. Don't have plans to get anywhere near where some of you do with mods but will likely spend around 10K on mods.

After spending a few days at TrailHero, it was very easy to see that the Jeep community is EXCELLENT and I very much look forward to making new friends and memories. As stated, I'm incredibly green and could use all the help I can get about what to get and why. Feel free to chime in!

Thank you in advance!

Jared
There is one mod no one seems to be mentioning. That's belly armor. It really makes a Jeep more versatile and forgiving of newbie or experimental lines.

It's just one person's opinion, but FWIW, I think a JLUR on 35s (with stiff E-load rated tires, you don't need heavy beadlocks), a winch, a 2.5" lift and a full aluminum belly pan (for weight) is the perfect Jeep. With a skilled driver it can go just about anywhere any trail, the mods budget makes it affordable enough to wheel kinda hard, it is light enough to get over stuff, it can still be driven on road reasonably comfortably, and it does not chew through its driveline components, need regearing, need new steering, etc.

I am obviously biased since that is the exact Jeep I built, and I wheel the ever-living $hit out of it in both Northeastern mud and bolder field trails and deep sand and dunes on the coast. Mods were well below $10K and I cannot imagine dumping more money into it for mods. Save the cash to fix the body and the rust as the scars build up.

Welcome to the community. Do your thing, have a blast. See you out there!
Sponsored