popstatwo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Good morning,

I recently put wheels and tires on my wife's jl and I had to remove a piece from behind the fog light assembly because of rubbing. Now that I have done that, the back of the fog light and the wires are all exposed. Is there a flush piece that I can buy to cover up the area that is exposed? Thank you for any help.

IMG_0304.jpeg

IMG_9172.JPEG
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is there a flush piece that I can buy to cover up the area that is exposed? Thank you for any help.
Most will trim the pieces removed to make a backing plate. If you do a search, there are numerous threads on how to do it. If not, there is no danger to leaving the bumper and wiring exposed. I've been running that way for over a year without issue.

OP
OP

popstatwo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Most will trim the pieces removed to make a backing plate. If you do a search, there are numerous threads on how to do it. If not, there is no danger to leaving the bumper and wiring exposed. I've been running that way for over a year without issue.
No issues with rain or anything getting into the fog light housing? And the phrase to look up is "backing plate"?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Trim the pieces you removed and replace to cover the rear of the fog lights. Here is what I did.

bumper.jpg

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Good morning,

I recently put wheels and tires on my wife's jl and I had to remove a piece from behind the fog light assembly because of rubbing. Now that I have done that, the back of the fog light and the wires are all exposed. Is there a flush piece that I can buy to cover up the area that is exposed? Thank you for any help.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help please bumper

Jeep Wrangler JL Help please bumper
When I had my stock bumper on, I decided to trim the close out panels. Used a bright marker to follow the lines/ outline so that it would sit nice and flush with the bumper. Used a Dremel to trim them and then sanded it gently to smooth out the lines.

You should be fine either way.....I'm running the steel bumper now and it does not have a close-out panel option. Been just fine.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Trim off the offending bumper extensions with a dremel to create your new "covers." Smooth any rough edges with sandpaper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help please 20190218_174737