Sponsored

Help Please - uConnect system having issues

Bootloot

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 4 dr, 4 cy.
Hi everyone,

My family and I are currently on a two week road trip with our 2020 JLU Rubicon. Early this morning, some where in Indiana, we started to experience issues with the uConnect system. It started with issues with the WiFi. I tried a soft rest and also pulling the F97 fuse, based on other threads here. I got the WiFi working, but now have a bunch of other problems. I no longer have the back up camera and off road pages apps, can’t even get the back up camera to display. The XM radio option is gone. The HVAC controls Now only does high or low temp, it no longer allows us to set a specific temperature. It feels like it has reverted to some sort of default or safe mode. I tried doing a full disconnect of the batteries and letting it sit for 30 mins. No luck. We tried stopping at a Jeep dealer along our route, but they were book solid and couldn’t fit us in. Does anyone have any ideas or guidance on how best to fix. I appreciate any help! Thanks!
Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
mine have had problem since 2018, even to a point I have no control of head light...back up camera, no guided lines, no volume control etc.......Go to dealer and have the system update is the only real fix. i mean improvement. It will still have problems but better.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Let the Jeep cylcle on off a few times. It may just all come right back! when ever you pull the fuse you loose things temporarily ..it has happened to me ..but then they came back. That's all I can offer...Sorry I know it is frustrating! Specially when you need it most!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does anyone have any ideas or guidance on how best to fix.
The Uconnect radios are so tightly integrated with the vehicle that when they lose connectivity when you pull the fuse, they need time to re-learn the vehicle’s features. If you can, just leave the radio alone and let it sit with the vehicle off overnight. That should be enough to get it’s features back.

OP
OP

Bootloot

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 4 dr, 4 cy.
Thank you everyone for the help. We took the advice and just let it do it’s own thing. When we started her up this morning, it fixed itself! Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone,

My family and I are currently on a two week road trip with our 2020 JLU Rubicon. Early this morning, some where in Indiana, we started to experience issues with the uConnect system. It started with issues with the WiFi. I tried a soft rest and also pulling the F97 fuse, based on other threads here. I got the WiFi working, but now have a bunch of other problems. I no longer have the back up camera and off road pages apps, can’t even get the back up camera to display. The XM radio option is gone. The HVAC controls Now only does high or low temp, it no longer allows us to set a specific temperature. It feels like it has reverted to some sort of default or safe mode. I tried doing a full disconnect of the batteries and letting it sit for 30 mins. No luck. We tried stopping at a Jeep dealer along our route, but they were book solid and couldn’t fit us in. Does anyone have any ideas or guidance on how best to fix. I appreciate any help! Thanks!

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have had issues with my IConnect radio, since almost new. It will periodically reboot itself, and reset the clock to 12:00 am. This will happen, only a few seconds after.start-up. Two days ago, it locked up,, and said it reloading and wouldnt correct or come.on, for 15 minutes. The warranty is up, in a couple of monts, so I better get it looked at.
Sponsored