Sponsored

HELP! Passenger side door handle is leaking?

skleiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport S JL - Sting Grey
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

I have no idea what to do about this leak IN (it seems) my door handle when it rains/when I wash my Jeep!

It just recently started 2 months ago - there's no leak from above and I've checked all the surrounds, I just can't seem to figure it out. I'm hoping someone on here has seen this and can help, please! I do have a soft top on right now but as I said it isn't dripping down from anywhere so I'm just lost... It's only on the passenger side as well. When it rains hard from the side I can see drops stream down the lock.

I've also noticed a lot more water on the side also but not sure it's related

Thank you!!!

IMG_8628.jpg

IMG_8629.jpg

IMG_8630.jpg
Sponsored

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
The bottom pic is normal water. The top two, Hmmmm. Worn weather seals on the door where the window goes down into it??

G.

OP
OP
skleiner

skleiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport S JL - Sting Grey
The bottom pic is normal water. The top two, Hmmmm. Worn weather seals on the door where the window goes down into it??

G.
I figured the last pic is normal but at this point I am just so confused!

Maybe I should take a pic of where the window goes down too? It actually looks in better shape than the driver side... Which I guess makes sense since no on is ever on the passenger side!!!

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Sit inside the vehicle and have someone spray it while your inside. Could be a lot of things..all likely minor.

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Saw that awhile back on an Audi...
Had a cable that was mis-positioned from the latch to the handle.(not sure if Jeeps use a cable or linkage?)
The water from the glass ran onto the cable and "wicked" down the cable and leaked onto the arm rest....
Probably need to remove door panel to inspect ...
Sponsored