Heated LED lights?

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Question for all you jeep experts....I have a 2018 Sports S JL...Love it...I did buy the Morimoto LED's early on and love the look and functionality...However, after having gone through 1 New York winter I recognize that in a sever snow storm they do fill up with snow and there does not seem to be enough heat to keep them clear. Are any of the new options for LED headlights heated..I cannot fins any that specifically say heated. Are the Mopar OEM lights heated? Thanks for the help, I am sure some others out there are experiencing the same issue..
Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I guess you can always use the heated 7" Truck-Lites with an adapter ring. Not ideal but will work.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
LED's don't exactly heat, so I'm wondering if there are Bi-xenon options available instead

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Question for all you jeep experts....I have a 2018 Sports S JL...Love it...I did buy the Morimoto LED's early on and love the look and functionality...However, after having gone through 1 New York winter I recognize that in a sever snow storm they do fill up with snow and there does not seem to be enough heat to keep them clear. Are any of the new options for LED headlights heated..I cannot fins any that specifically say heated. Are the Mopar OEM lights heated? Thanks for the help, I am sure some others out there are experiencing the same issue..
Both Trucklite and JW Speaker make heated 7" LED lights. I'd go with JW Speakers. U.S. made, great reputation in the world of commercial applications. But pricey. They should fit into your Morimoto light buckets.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
LED's don't exactly heat, so I'm wondering if there are Bi-xenon options available instead
But, some aftermarket LED headlights have a heating element built into the lens like your back window. I know JW speaker has a few options, but they're expensive.

To bad someone doesn't make just a clear decal with a heating element built into it to fit the headlights. I'd buy it.

Sponsored

DenaliDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Moab
To bad someone doesn't make just a clear decal with a heating element built into it to fit the headlights. I'd buy it.
Enthusiastically second that idea! Some type of heating element that easily applies to the factory lights and can be turned on and off with the aux buttons. I would be one of the first customers.

hidprojectors

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU