HDMI Port?

BumpyTrail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock
Something like this would be nice for the JL. It’s got all kinds of video but $$$!

FA7931CB-4357-4FA7-8CEE-7F8227597A93.png

771BAD42-5F56-4B49-99FE-135A17B84914.png

8F2A2B22-20FC-441E-BFE9-44EC39EE33B6.png
Sponsored

Fib3r0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
na, I think it only shows what phones are connected or something along those lines. pointless
I would have to walk outside and look but I am almost positive it even says projection. I just want to be able to play a video.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
It's unlikely you're going to get video in motion features through the factory head unit unless you have an add on unity like that NavTool someone posted up about. In most states I "think" video in motion is illegal as it's considered a distraction.

That said, without knowing what the end game is you're trying to achieve, whether it's entertaining yourself, right seat passenger or back seat passengers there is always something like we do in our vehicles on road trips. We have iPad for the kids mounted to the front headrests with Ram Mount mounting system (handlebar mount and cradle). The iPads are either playing digital content downloaded to them or are streaming from a Seagate wireless portable HDD that creates it's own wifi network.

943687_687885597893137_1580403108_n.jpg

Fib3r0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
It's unlikely you're going to get video in motion features through the factory head unit unless you have an add on unity like that NavTool someone posted up about. In most states I "think" video in motion is illegal as it's considered a distraction.

That said, without knowing what the end game is you're trying to achieve, whether it's entertaining yourself, right seat passenger or back seat passengers there is always something like we do in our vehicles on road trips. We have iPad for the kids mounted to the front headrests with Ram Mount mounting system (handlebar mount and cradle). The iPads are either playing digital content downloaded to them or are streaming from a Seagate wireless portable HDD that creates it's own wifi network.

I like this idea better. She always has the iPad anyway. Just set it up so she can watch.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7

943687_687885597893137_1580403108_n.jpg
Wow, I really like the hard drive that broadcasts it's own wifi

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like this idea better. She always has the iPad anyway. Just set it up so she can watch.
The only thing I might suggest doing differently than what I originally did would be to get the mount with the universal holder. Easy to manage if iPad is in a protective case, also will be more future proof. Not thinking about it back in 2013, I snagged the Ram Mount iPad set up for the iPad 2, 3 & 4 which was fine for 4 1/2 year but it was always a little bit of a hassle pull it out of the case to put it in the cradle.

Wow, I really like the hard drive that broadcasts it's own wifi
I’m trying to remember off hand, I think you can run up to 7 devices on the network it creates. I believe we’ve got around 100GB of movies on the drive which has been more then enough to keep the kids occupied.

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
Anyone been able to figure out how to mirror IPhones or do VIM?

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

wesbowhunts

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
you can do it with 2 apps available via a jailbreak. i posted a thread on it. apps are carbridge and nxgplay.

Mr_nico

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0T 2019
you can do it with 2 apps available via a jailbreak. i posted a thread on it. apps are carbridge and nxgplay.
Sorry to revive an old thread but had a question on Carbridge (which I've used for some time now). I heard the latest IOS allows 2 apps to be shown side by side through car play (half split screen for 2 portrait devices). Do you know how it works with NGX and carbridge? I dont want to mess with my setup and upgrade if I cant use carbridge anymore but having wayz etc on half would be really useful allowing the other half to run an app for the passenger
Sponsored