OP

Punisher2490

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler unlimited sport altitude
I see you are in Dallas. Don't know which dealership you are at, but you can take it to Richardson RCJDR and talk to Jeff the service manager for second opinion. This has been my Dealership since they opened 2012. I have purchased 7 autos here and I know them well. If you decide to just PM me and I will let Jeff know.
It's actually at platinum in terrell waiting to hear back and see what they come up with but thank you for the heads up I will shoot you a message if needed
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It's actually at platinum in terrell waiting to hear back and see what they come up with but thank you for the heads up I will shoot you a message if needed
Thats the Old Randell Noe dealership. I purchased my first 2 Ram's there. When Richardson opened, I switched over there for it was 50 miles round trip to Terrell from Wylie. Now 12 miles round trip. :like:

OP
OP

Punisher2490

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats the Old Randell Noe dealership. I purchased my first 2 Ram's there. When Richardson opened, I switched over there for it was 50 miles round trip to Terrell from Wylie. Now 12 miles round trip. :like:
They actually built a completely new place right off of 20 along with a Ford dealership

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Would still put it on a tender over night or when not in use. I’ve seen many “dealer says it’s good” and the battery still be the cause. This is a big issue with Corvettes (have one) and they must be kept on a tender.
I kept on having an error come on about how the ESS was not able to work due to a low battery, even after a 4 hour straight highway run. The dealer said that this was normal. As it was especially prevalent in the cold winter, I now use a battery maintainer about every 2 weeks and never saw the messages again.

DarkWater

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi
So on Monday I went to start my 21 jlu sport altitude with 21k on it and every light one the dash came on as in service shifter service 4x4 BCM SCM Traction control emergency brake light everything so I turned the jeep off waited a sec and tried to start again and nothing it wouldn't even go to acc even when pushing with the key. I waited a bit longer and tried again it started very sluggish and then died. I called local dealer told them what's going on even took video of what happend so I could show them then towed it to the dealer and was called last night and told that they can't find anything and that I needed to authorize them to continue but could possibly be at my expense of something a little over $300 if they can't find the problem due to aftermarket accessories which were all installed at a confident 4x4 shop parts included are 3.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires and wheels , rock lights ,front and rear bumpers, whole audio system including head unit which is a Stinger Heigh 10, winch, and fenders front and rear. So I'm a bit confused as to why those upgrades would have anything to do with the problem especially since most everything has been on the jeep for at least 2 months or longer
I would check the charging system, I agree that it sounds like a power issue and when the alternator doesn't deliver enough power, the issues you describe occur in modern vehicles.

Sponsored

Fatalis12B

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 6sp MT JLUR
Occupation
Retired
They’re probably thinking about potential wiring issues with the rock lights, the audio install, or the winch killing your batteries. Your issues sound like battery related problems.
I'm not so sure...we're a jeep family, My sister had a Cherokee that did the same thing, they could never find the problem, she traded it in. My Son has a Willys but, their family vehicle is also a Cherokee 80th Edition that is still at the dealer, since October, with the same issues and they are still unable to figure out the problem. I think the electrical/ECM issues are a Jeep problem, not add on problems...

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I'm not so sure...we're a jeep family, My sister had a Cherokee that did the same thing, they could never find the problem, she traded it in. My Son has a Willys but, their family vehicle is also a Cherokee 80th Edition that is still at the dealer, since October, with the same issues and they are still unable to figure out the problem. I think the electrical/ECM issues are a Jeep problem, not add on problems...
The chance of the add ons being the problem are slim unless the solenoid on the winch is sticking. But they do still have to inform him of potentially being financially responsible if the problem ends up being related to the add ons. They aren’t saying that’s what it is yet.

Kevin32199

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 Door
So on Monday I went to start my 21 jlu sport altitude with 21k on it and every light one the dash came on as in service shifter service 4x4 BCM SCM Traction control emergency brake light everything so I turned the jeep off waited a sec and tried to start again and nothing it wouldn't even go to acc even when pushing with the key. I waited a bit longer and tried again it started very sluggish and then died. I called local dealer told them what's going on even took video of what happend so I could show them then towed it to the dealer and was called last night and told that they can't find anything and that I needed to authorize them to continue but could possibly be at my expense of something a little over $300 if they can't find the problem due to aftermarket accessories which were all installed at a confident 4x4 shop parts included are 3.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires and wheels , rock lights ,front and rear bumpers, whole audio system including head unit which is a Stinger Heigh 10, winch, and fenders front and rear. So I'm a bit confused as to why those upgrades would have anything to do with the problem especially since most everything has been on the jeep for at least 2 months or longer
Aux battery

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That sucks, but if they try to blame it on your add ons, they'll need to prove it was your add ons. See Magnusson-Moss Act which is federal law
You are wrong in this. They will just deny it and you will have to take them to court to get them to address it. Also as soon as you mention the Magnusson-Moss Act, expect them to stop communicating with you as they will be under the impression that you are going to take them to court and they will not address you until you are in court.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If there is a draw on the battery, and the vehicle has an aftermarket radio, it’s going to be the radio.

If it has a stock radio, it’s probably still the radio.

If there is no draw, and you don’t have a bad connection on the main fuse terminals or wherever you tapped into battery power, it should be a warranty item. Better double check your mods first if you aren’t willing to pay them.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
You are wrong in this. They will just deny it and you will have to take them to court to get them to address it. Also as soon as you mention the Magnusson-Moss Act, expect them to stop communicating with you as they will be under the impression that you are going to take them to court and they will not address you until you are in court.
Lol I have said the same thing. Guys are so quick to quote the MM Act like the service manager is going to crumble at the mere mention of it. Lmao. I can guarantee the FCA lawyers have more money and resources than anyone on this forum. If the dealer digs their feet in, MM Act doesn't mean dick.

Reactions: OBD

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
I don't recall ever saying you wouldn't have to go to court, and I don't recall ever saying to threaten them with it. I simply said be aware of the facts, in this case, there happens to be a federal law that protects the consumer. If they refuse to repair the vehicle under warranty, you can either eat it or sue them. If you sue them, the Magnusson-Moss act will be brought up at that time.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I don't recall ever saying you wouldn't have to go to court, and I don't recall ever saying to threaten them with it. I simply said be aware of the facts, in this case, there happens to be a federal law that protects the consumer. If they refuse to repair the vehicle under warranty, you can either eat it or sue them. If you sue them, the Magnusson-Moss act will be brought up at that time.
I agree, the problem is that you will have to sue them to use the Magnusson-Moss act. Very rarely is the cost of suing them to enact the Magnusson-Moss act a great option. The dealership and the manufacturer has lawyers on staff so it is no real cost to them. Where as the normal person has to retain a lawyer, take time off from work to get the ACT enforced. It is almost always a loose loose for the consumer in 90% of the cases. I thought about going down this route when they would not repair my rear axle because of a bad sensor as I had regard the axle and it had nothing to do with the sensors that goes bad on the Dana 44. My lawyer friend said good luck, you can buy the whole rear axle for $2300 and that is not enough to even get case in front of a judge.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
I agree, the problem is that you will have to sue them to use the Magnusson-Moss act. Very rarely is the cost of suing them to enact the Magnusson-Moss act a great option. The dealership and the manufacturer has lawyers on staff so it is no real cost to them. Where as the normal person has to retain a lawyer, take time off from work to get the ACT enforced. It is almost always a loose loose for the consumer in 90% of the cases. I thought about going down this route when they would not repair my rear axle because of a bad sensor as I had regard the axle and it had nothing to do with the sensors that goes bad on the Dana 44. My lawyer friend said good luck, you can buy the whole rear axle for $2300 and that is not enough to even get case in front of a judge.
Oh I get it, there have been a lot of horror stories over the years. And while some did not have happy outcomes, others did.

If it wasn't for the fact his Jeep won't start, my first advice would have been go to a different dealer (which I guess you could still have it towed for additional costs). The problem, from my point of view, is that when these dealerships go on these "Exploratory" investigations, it's because they either have no idea what's wrong or they don't have a fix, so in true Jeep fashion, they just start throwing "Possible" fixes at it until something works. And if it's coming out of your own pocket, that gets real expensive real quick.

The next logical step is to go through corporate and see if they can/will assist with the issue. My personal belief is that they know about the act, and while they have a team of lawyers on retainer, they don't want to have to go down the path of court cases either, especially if it's for something like replacing a battery.

And finally, maybe accept a $300 loss, let them do their "Investigation" and hope they find it's not related to add ons or is an easy fix (a bad ground can cause all kinds of gremlins).

This all just reinforces my wish that they would have never got more computerized than the good ol' 4.0. In the end, that was still a matter of do you have fuel/spark/air? All this dual battery, computer controlled BS only goes to make for more problems and more complicated diagnoses. =(

OP
OP

Punisher2490

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there is a draw on the battery, and the vehicle has an aftermarket radio, it’s going to be the radio.

If it has a stock radio, it’s probably still the radio.

If there is no draw, and you don’t have a bad connection on the main fuse terminals or wherever you tapped into battery power, it should be a warranty item. Better double check your mods first if you aren’t willing to pay them.
All electronic mods are ran straight off the battery no tapping into any of the main harness for anything and from all test that were done before wasn't showing any draw on the battery everything on the jeep has been there for at least 2 months before all this happend but will see what they find they did go through and pull all grounds yesterday and reinstalled to spec
Sponsored