Hardtop Storage for JLUR

thejill

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I am looking to swap out my hardtop for the softtop in these next few weeks and I was looking for a storage cart of some type that will hold the top and the freedom panels. Has anyone seen or have anything like this? I have door hangers already.

I have seen the lifttop pro but I don't necessarily need help getting the top off/on.

Thanks!
Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I can't recommend the Toplift Pro enough. I don't have enough overhead space in my garage to hang my hardtop, so the TopLift was the perfect solution for storage for me, as I can drive my JLR right under the top, and I just hang the Freedom panels in their bag on the wall. It also makes swapping between my OEM soft top pretty quick and easy, although fitting the softtop back into the rollbar brackets is still a two person job. And you can hang the folded up softtop and frames from the TopLift, keeping that out of the way when the hardtop is on. It was not inexpensive, but for me, worth every penny.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hardtop Storage for JLUR IMG_9094

Jeep Wrangler JL Hardtop Storage for JLUR IMG_8614

Granizle

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Wrangler Sport JK, 2007 Wrangler Sahara JK
Cost me maybe $40 and is strong enough to add your panels on top.

Jeep Wrangler JL Hardtop Storage for JLUR 28B03485-2022-4176-AB42-4E0543CCEEF1

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I can't recommend the Toplift Pro enough. I don't have enough overhead space in my garage to hang my hardtop, so the TopLift was the perfect solution for storage for me, as I can drive my JLR right under the top, and I just hang the Freedom panels in their bag on the wall. It also makes swapping between my OEM soft top pretty quick and easy, although fitting the softtop back into the rollbar brackets is still a two person job. And you can hang the folded up softtop and frames from the TopLift, keeping that out of the way when the hardtop is on. It was not inexpensive, but for me, worth every penny.

I just helped a friend assemble his TLP and use it for the 1st time. Do you find it requires a bit of strength to lift the top? I thought you would use the handle as a hand grip, but you more of lay arms over it and use my body to lift the top.

Also to put the top back down, you release the "brake", and all the weight transfers back to the user, it was a shock accepting that weight, maybe I just expected more of a mechanical advantage than the lift provided. In fact the 1st time we tried it without the jeep under it, it dropped low and sort of crushed my wrist.

Overall it works, and its a good solution, just wonder if we have something wrong, the effort to raise is high, and its hard to control the drop gracefully.

Thanks!

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I don't find it bad at all, but you do need to be ready for the weight transfer- I'm 6'2" and about 200. If you are short and/or light, I would expect it would be worthwhile to have someone standing by to assist.. I have the 2 door top with crossbars, cargo basket and awning, so I'm guessing my 2 door top weights a little more than a bare 4 door top.

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I don't find it bad at all, but you do need to be ready for the weight transfer- I'm 6'2" and about 200. If you are short and/or light, I would expect it would be worthwhile to have someone standing by to assist.. I have the 2 door top with crossbars, cargo basket and awning, so I'm guessing my 2 door top weights a little more than a bare 4 door top.
Thanks. I am a big guy, so I got used to it, but he is shorter guy. He can do it, its just more of a shock to the system than the videos seems to show. :)

OP
OP
thejill

thejill

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@thejill what did you end up going with - I'm in the same boat as you! Thanks
I ended up going with the Top Lift Pro. I was able to manage it on my own, but I will be honest, I was super nervous using it the first time, alone. But I didn't drop it and it hasn't fallen off yet! haha

OP
OP
thejill

thejill

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks. I am a big guy, so I got used to it, but he is shorter guy. He can do it, its just more of a shock to the system than the videos seems to show. :)
I agree! It took more effort than the video leads you to believe! I managed it on my own, alone, but I was NERVOUS!!
Sponsored