Sponsored

Hard top side sliding window

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
Here’s what I don’t understand is why the rear quarter windows don’t pop out on the hard top like they do on the SOT top. I love the SOT top for many reasons over the hardtop and side windows coming off easily is definitely one.
Sponsored

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
Here’s what I don’t understand is why the rear quarter windows don’t pop out on the hard top like they do on the SOT top. I love the SOT top for many reasons over the hardtop and side windows coming off easily is definitely one.
Two door Wranglers get no love from Stellantis. Heritage be damned.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

It could be for structural integrity of the hard top. Those are relatively big windows, and I'd imagine they provide some not-insignificant structure to the top, both while on the Jeep and once removed. The top of the hard top doesn't actually touch anything while installed.

The SOT doesn't need this additional structural stability because it's built/designed differently.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Back in the 80s, dodge vans had pop out rear side windows, outstanding feature. 2024, no one can figure out how to do it on a JL 2 door with AI and lunar landers that tip over. You kids….

someone come out with an electric pop out rear window, I’ll buy it.
Sponsored