Sponsored

Harbor Freight Jackstand recall!

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I’m getting a set of 10 ton stands from US Jack. As soon as I sell something to raise the money , lol.
Please post detailed close-up pics if you do. US Jack has a history of questionable welds, at least at times
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Meh. I've been using HF Jack stands for decades without issue. One of the few things that's worth a crap there.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Unfortunately my experience with HF is always like that. If you use any coupon they treat you like criminals, if you return stuff they treat you like criminals, if you ask for stuff they treat you like criminals.

Hard to beat the price though, especially with hfqpdb, so I usually get in and out really quick, just grab and go.
Your experiences and my experiences with HF couldn't be more different. I love HF and the store I go to I get treated like a customer should.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Please post detailed close-up pics if you do. US Jack has a history of questionable welds, at least at times
Cosmetically or structurally, cause I don’t care about cosmetics. I’m the world’s worst welder, all welds look great compared to mine. Have you ever heard of one failing?...... Me either..........:)......... you’d think for that kinda money the welds would be perfect...... idk......

Last edited:

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
While I whole-heartedly agree, you got a line on any NON Chinese made ones?
I am sorry, but I have not even looked. It is SO hard to find non communist China stuff.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I posted a link to a US made company source out of Milwaukee.

rawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I posted a link to a US made company source out of Milwaukee.
Hein-Warner Automotive was the last link you posted., most likely NOT American made, from their page:

About SFA Companies

Shinn Fu Company of America, Inc (SFA) performs its functions in marketing, sales, service and distributing products throughout North, Central and South America. Over the past 40 years, SFA has become the leading distributor of hydraulic lift equipment in the US and Canada, which reflects a widely recognized reputation for quality and service.

SFA maintains the following divisions:
  • BVA Hydraulics™ and corresponding OEM private label products
  • Omega Lift Equipment® and corresponding OEM private label hydraulic products
  • Hein-Werner Automotive
  • Porto-Power Blackhawk Automotive
  • Pro-Lift® DIY products

Glassdoor.com reviews also show they are a bit questionable.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Hein-Warner Automotive was the last link you posted., most likely NOT American made, from their page:

About SFA Companies

Shinn Fu Company of America, Inc (SFA) performs its functions in marketing, sales, service and distributing products throughout North, Central and South America. Over the past 40 years, SFA has become the leading distributor of hydraulic lift equipment in the US and Canada, which reflects a widely recognized reputation for quality and service.

SFA maintains the following divisions:
  • BVA Hydraulics™ and corresponding OEM private label products
  • Omega Lift Equipment® and corresponding OEM private label hydraulic products
  • Hein-Werner Automotive
  • Porto-Power Blackhawk Automotive
  • Pro-Lift® DIY products

Glassdoor.com reviews also show they are a bit questionable.
I looked for a product that says it is made in the USA, foreign company or not, and without perusing reviews. I found one that claimed it was. Have you found another while researching?

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I bought these years ago at Griots Garage. 5 ton made in Taiwan. They don’t lift more than 30”
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Jackstand recall! image

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone finds " Made in the USA" ,with American steel, please share. Beware " Assembled in USA", A lot of companies that you thought were " made in USA" are actually " made in China " with the USA label.
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Jackstand recall! you-had-one-job-made-in-china-26370407

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I bought these years ago at Griots Garage. 5 ton made in Taiwan. They don’t lift more than 30”
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Jackstand recall! you-had-one-job-made-in-china-26370407
The ultimate dig at China...buying a Taiwan product. :like:

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I just got called a racist on a FB Jeep group for saying save twice as long and buy a US made product or , at minimum, ABC...Anywhere But China. :angel:

Like there’s no Chinese here or everyone is Native there. It’s not about race, it’s about a government that suppresses it’s people and knowingly let the virus spread. They also threaten to withhold needed products because they make everything. We need to, at least, reverse some of that and have diverse sources including helping our own workforce. That’s my perspective.

sdiver68

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4XE, Tesla M3LR, Nissan Sentra
Occupation
Management Consultant/Small Business Owner
Not to be overly contrarian but 11 non-fatal failures of the tens of thousands sold...

Having said that, here is what I use.
Jeep Wrangler JL Harbor Freight Jackstand recall! 20200522_112750

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
These Sunex 10 ton jack stands look like they’d work well with lifted Jeeps, plus the pin mount seems less failure prone.

bwright1818

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the US Jacks 10 ton stands. $464 shipped to my door.

My wife is going to kill me, but I guess either she is going to do it or the HF jack stands we’re going to do it, but at least with my wife I stand a chance of surviving.
I dunno.....In the case of my wife, I think I'd take my chances with the Chinese....
Sponsored