Sponsored

Half doors

Firebrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 jku
I know nobody probably has any information on this but doesn't it look like jeep could easily make half doors that finish at the style line they have on the new JL. I am hoping they don't decide to discontinue making half doors as I know they are not a popular ordering option.
Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

I know nobody probably has any information on this but doesn't it look like jeep could easily make half doors that finish at the style line they have on the new JL. I am hoping they don't decide to discontinue making half doors as I know they are not a popular ordering option.
Yea it does look like that but even if no factory option there's tons of aftermarket half door options, and in all kinds of even more creative versions too.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Supposedly not only will the regular half doors be available (hard and soft versions) eventually (likely mid season after launch), supposedly the Switchback's cut-out doors will be a Mopar part (not sure if ever would be offered as a build-sheet option). All this is from an 'unconfirmed source' on another forum but just adding that to what's in the ether.

IMG_0259.JPG

FLtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon
Hopefully they find a way to offer factory half doors on the JLU Rubicons, as that is no longer an option on 4 door Rubis now.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Hopefully they find a way to offer factory half doors on the JLU Rubicons, as that is no longer an option on 4 door Rubis now.
I cannot believe JKU Rubicons are no longer offered with half doors. Wow, what happened since I got my JK? I would think the Rubicon customers are more likely to want half doors. The JLU Rubicons better be offered with half doors or my 15 year Jeep streak is over. That would be very sad. All I want is 4 doors, Rubicon, and half doors. I don't need power windows or locks, or a hard top, or leather, etc.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I had those soft doors on a TJ before and didn't like them nearly as much as the hard half doors. For my first Jeep I got dual tops (hard and soft), full doors, and aftermarket soft half doors. For my second Jeep I learned my lesson and realized all I really want is OEM half doors and a soft top. I guess having factory half doors from Mopar is second best, but it's not like they're cheap on top of full doors you didn't want and paid for in the first place.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess having factory half doors from Mopar is second best, but it's not like they're cheap on top of full doors you didn't want and paid for in the first place.
That's the challenge with any small volume upgrade. If it doesn't up up as a build-sheet option then you gotta sell your old hardware to recoup costs.
But that's still better than the 'no such option' offered by everyone else.

Perhaps wait to see what is offered by next summer before worrying about it?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"Waiting" is so hard to do, BUT, many of the highly anticipated options (diesel, power tops, modular hard top) are slated for 2019, or mid 2018. I've gone for the "first" for YJ, TJ, and JK ; patience might be a Virtue , and Rewarded in this Debut, since late features and Early Bugs might be a "wait and see " factor.
But then, my choice is Sport, V6, manual, A/C, hardtop., 3:73s . Why wait ?

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
"Waiting" is so hard to do, BUT, many of the highly anticipated options (diesel, power tops, modular hard top) are slated for 2019, or mid 2018. I've gone for the "first" for YJ, TJ, and JK ; patience might be a Virtue , and Rewarded in this Debut, since late features and Early Bugs might be a "wait and see " factor.
But then, my choice is Sport, V6, manual, A/C, hardtop., 3:73s . Why wait ?
I had one of the early-87 YJ's, and I am glad I did, because Jeep cut back on some of the CJ carrier-over features once the "real" 87 model year started, like the top-colored inserts on the full doors.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Wish Jeep sold a real base model with half doors standard again. Half and full doors are the same price on a new Jeep. Thus why you rarely see them outside the warm all the time areas anymore.

I could count the number of half door JKs I've seen in Nj on one hand.

The Doc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Unlimited, Future JT Pickup (hopefully)
Would love to see MOPAR offer the Switchback cutout half doors or the clear half doors from the Safari Concept.

jeep-safari-concept.jpg

jeep-safari-concept-03.jpg
They look great but what are they made of? I would worry about how they hold up over time to all the elements on a trail.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
They look great but what are they made of? I would worry about how they hold up over time to all the elements on a trail.
I have a completely clear door on my shower. That thing is a b!tch to keep clean. No way would I want something like that on my vehicle. No doubt it would look horrible after one rainy/wet day on the road.

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sport
No cutout or clear half doors for me. Can't have anybody seeing all my kids' toys/books/snack leavings in the floor! :facepalm:

But seriously, half doors are awesome. I have a set for the front doors on my JKU (so far; looking for a rear set, too). Half doors with uppers out feels so much more open than full doors with the windows rolled down, almost like a different vehicle. Plus, they're sooooo much lighter/easier to take off.
Sponsored