Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I forgot to mention, if you decide to get a Trektop:
Bestop Diamond is equivalent to Mopar Base
Bestop Twill is equivalent to Mopar Premium

I had to order Premium uppers since I was getting a hard top. The Bestop Twill matches the Premium uppers perfectly.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Leather in a Jeep, seriously?
Yep, love the leather. Go do any sort of wheeling, especially in the desert, and you will find out how nice it is to have leather when you go to clean the inside out.

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
I just picked up my JL 2-Door Willys Sport. I ordered it with the half doors with the base (not premium) uppers.

The Willys Sport comes with manual crank windows. To my surprise my Jeep came with power windows, mirrors, and door locks. It also came with the premium twill uppers on the half doors… for no additional charge other than the cost of the half door option. The half doors also have power mirrors and auto door locks.

Its as if I got power windows, mirrors and locks for FREE. Thx FCA.

Next I’ll tackle the poor paint match between the half doors and the rest of the body on my Jeep.

C4893C06-FD46-4B6F-BFB7-380D93619DF2.jpeg

B6CAB2B2-5AFF-424B-ADEC-9089A99C2AF5.jpeg
Remember, there are 2 levels of Willy's. Does yours have Leather wrapped Steering wheel?

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
There were several problems with the WB Hellcats. Their Widebody Fender Flares weren't done by the factory with the car they were added at the upfitters. There were a few guys that had the issue resolved by Dodge. Same gig I would think for Jeep especially these costing more then a HC. I have half doors coming on mine as well so hoping mine are good

Sponsored

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
Man, glad I ordered my JLU in white. At least I have a fighting chance of the half doors matching in white.
As a former auto body/paint guy I regret to tell you that white is one of the hardest colors to match.

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I debated half doors because I liked them on my YJ but decided not to get them. I am glad that I didn’t because I do not want power windows and locks. I did see proximity locks makes you order half doors so I was suspicious.

Last edited:

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BTW, the paint on my doors was off also. I don't notice it anymore and I've never had anyone mention it despite the half doors drawing lots of attention.
You guys should meet up and swap doors, yours look light and the OP’s look dark.

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
@stonejl Is your keyfob still the base keyfob with no buttons or did you get a keyfob with lock and unlock buttons? I'm ordering a base sport and I'm more likely to get half doors if I get that "freebie" as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stonejl

First Name
EH
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stonellp.com
Vehicle(s)
A36. Yukon Denali. GCWL. JLUR on order.
@stonejl Is your keyfob still the base keyfob with no buttons or did you get a keyfob with lock and unlock buttons? I'm ordering a base sport and I'm more likely to get half doors if I get that "freebie" as well.
Yes my fob has the additional buttons.

21RedRubi

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I am so jealous of you guys with the half doors. I wanted them with my '21 but at the time they didn't offer them in red. Does anybody have any idea when or if Mopar will offer them to the aftermarket?

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Yes my fob has the additional buttons.
Thanks! So for only a little more than upgrading to the Sport S, I can get power locks & windows and almost free half doors. Sounds like a win-win :like:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I don’t think Iinking that video should get him banned. Are we in Russia? Way too drastic.
I'm quite sure that member didn't get banned for linking a WoL video. It happens a lot on here without incident. They got banned for something else. It was months ago.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I am so jealous of you guys with the half doors. I wanted them with my '21 but at the time they didn't offer them in red. Does anybody have any idea when or if Mopar will offer them to the aftermarket?
You see them for sale often in that section and you are apparently able to order all the parts through Mopar. Then you just put them together and get them painted. There is a big thread on it somewhere here.
Sponsored