Factory Half Doors

Bosco0620

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR
I have a 21 JLUR with the premium dual door package. Has anyone figured out the adjustments to keep the top of the window frames right with the roof? It doesn't leak but driving down the road there is a large gap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Please don't link me to the factory Jeep instructional video with no talking"
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

their are a few good videos on youtube on how to adjust these doors. (banned site) has a great video on this making it a very easy task.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I,ve adjusted mine all the way in at the top, but at highway speeds into the wind, they pull out at the top. I slow down some in rain storms and only get a few drops in occasionally.

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Banned site?
There is another JL forum out there and this one can't handle it. The owner of that forum also has a youtube channel with some great info. Good thing our glourious leaders here keep the info banned.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I don't like this adjustment mechanism. I tried adjusting one upper and it scratched the paint of the hole where the uppers go into and got stuck until I yanked it out. The challenge/problem is that each upper has two adjustable legs and there is no way to tell if they end up at the same exact angle, which means the upper can get quite stuck in the door and at best scratch the hole and at worst break. After the experience trying to adjust one upper I did not touch the other three uppers. I don't have leaks but the uppers do seem to stick out a bit to me. I had half doors on a JK for 13 years and it was so much better. The JL uppers feel so flimsy and fragile compared to the solid JK uppers which lasted 13 years. I don't think the JL uppers will last as long, which sucks because I plan to keep it that long.

I know what some may say... count turns of the screw as you adjust both legs, but the mechanism is not that simple with turn one way then turn back the other way. Too many variables.

I also prefer how the JKs had the plastic inserts for the holes in the door which looked better and sealed from rain better, as opposed to the JLs painted metal where rain easily can go in as well and it looks more primitive.

I also liked in the JK how the upper's legs were solid and strong. The JL upper's legs have many moving parts and fragile parts.

@JeepCares The half doors and uppers mechanism needs to be redesigned for strength and longevity... and then you need to send me those new redesigned doors... ha ha.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
at highway speeds into the wind, they pull out at the top.
I've pretty consistently read about this being an issue at highway speed. It seems like Jeep assumed most people really wouldn't leave half doors on with the tops.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Yeah, my uppers pull away at highway speeds but have a good seal when stationary/driving slower.

"It's a half-door thing"

Perhaps once enough of them are out in the wild, aftermarket uppers will come along and fix the problem; fingers crossed for slider windows.

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I didn't have any trouble adjusting them on my 2-door, just followed the instructions. They don't suck out unless there is a strong side wind. I have not driven in a downpour yet so I can't report on that, but they do keep out light rain fine. My wife tells me some drops do come in when you are hosing off the mud in a car wash :giggle:

Super happy with them.

Sponsored

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
I have a 21 JLUR with the premium dual door package. Has anyone figured out the adjustments to keep the top of the window frames right with the roof? It doesn't leak but driving down the road there is a large gap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Please don't link me to the factory Jeep instructional video with no talking"
Watch the Way of life, YouTube video. Also the Mopar instructional video, with audio, is top notch!

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
Can one just buy half doors from the dealership? I bought a 2018 JLU and I’d love the factory half doors. Can I place an order just for the doors?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Can one just buy half doors from the dealership? I bought a 2018 JLU and I’d love the factory half doors. Can I place an order just for the doors?
I made the same inquiry recently at my CDJR dealer. One of the salesman, who said he was speaking only on behalf of that dealership, said that they will eventually have the ability to accept a la carte orders for factory half doors. The orders will be processed through the Parts Dept., who will need the vehicle's VIN number to ensure a correct match.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
At this time it is still no. Best bet is to find someone selling that bought with new Jeep. That is what I did for my current set.
Sponsored