Half Door Recommendations?

Sportiva0002

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 door Willys
As the title says, I’m looking for half door recommendations for my 2 door JL.

I wanted to do factory half doors, but I ended up finding the jeep I wanted on a lot in 2021 which was very surprising. I even got out the door for MSRP instead of paying markups. Because of this I didn’t get factory half doors. I will keep checking with the dealership, but getting them ordered after the fact is looking like a impossibility right now and the aftermarket for half doors is pretty sparse for the JL. I’m having trouble finding anything that isn’t tube style doors. The Bestop CORE doors look sweet but aren’t offered for JL and their soft doors have mixed reviews. I live in Florida, so I can pretty much run half doors 365 a year, but we get ALOT of heavy rain so they need to be relatively solid on weather seals. The goal for me is to have them be my permanent doors with soft uppers, unless they are off entirely.

thanks in advance for any recommendations and advice!
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
They are orderable. But a few small parts on long back order.

I’m waiting still on following :

Back order list(undetermined eta)
69301926AA door cable X2
5ZX23TX7AB INTERIOR COVER
68282335AD INTERIOR HAND
68299332AG DOOR WIRING
68309822AE WIRING JUMPER

OP
OP

Sportiva0002

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 door Willys
Yea, not comfortable with back ordering. I would save my money and wait for them to be available for delivery before handing over my money 😔. Thanks for the response though

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, not comfortable with back ordering. I would save my money and wait for them to be available for delivery before handing over my money 😔. Thanks for the response though
They’re required by law to produce parts for a certain amount of time. It’ll take some time to get but eventually will show up. I’ve been through this before. But I hear you not wanting to wait.

I haven’t had to pay for anything yet, so not like I’m out anything. I agreed to pay once all parts have arrived and they were fine with that.

Fwiw there were at least 10 other items on back order that took about 3 weeks to arrive. This is what’s left.

OP
OP

Sportiva0002

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 door Willys
They’re required by law to produce parts for a certain amount of time. It’ll take some time to get but eventually will show up. I’ve been through this before. But I hear you not wanting to wait.

I haven’t had to pay for anything yet, so not like I’m out anything.
Ok, I will definitely look into it if it’s no cost until available.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
If you want a good weathertight seal and also want uppers, there really isn’t much of an option beyond the factory doors. Bestop doesn’t have plans to make the Core doors for the JL any time soon, and the Element doors with enclosures are just meh in my opinion and not worth the money.

I would just keep an eye on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace as they do tend to come available from time to time. I was able to piece together a set with premium uppers and get them painted to match my jeep for less than what the factory option cost.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey @Sportiva0002
We offer our Element doors which as you know are Tube style. What you may not know is that we offer an "Enclosure Kit" for them which gives the appearance of a halfdoor from the ouside, but very much a trail door from the inside. To make it even better, we offer uppers for these to help keep out the rainy days.
Let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.bestop.com/products/hig...ep-2020-2021-gladiator-2018-2021-wrangler-jl/

https://www.bestop.com/products/hig...ep-2020-2021-gladiator-2018-2021-wrangler-jl/

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

J_Winslow

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Hey @Sportiva0002
We offer our Element doors which as you know are Tube style. What you may not know is that we offer an "Enclosure Kit" for them which gives the appearance of a halfdoor from the ouside, but very much a trail door from the inside. To make it even better, we offer uppers for these to help keep out the rainy days.
Let me know if you have any questions!

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Is there any option to just buy the whole set of 4 with the uppers and enclosers for a lower cost for buying everyyhing?

Also do not see the mirrors for the highrock doors on your site

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
I was able to locate a pair of NIB factory half doors in the correct color on FB marketplace last year. My full doors haven't seen the light of day since. There is nothing currently available that comes anywhere close to the factory half doors.

Several members have bought them and had them painted to match and are very happy with them. I'll never put my full doors on again.
Sponsored