Casper2001

First Name
Boston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Hey all, new to the forums.

Bought a 2022 JLU Willy's (loving it so far) and am planning on building a budget overlander.

Coming into the camping section, I'm looking to buy a roof rack in the future, but it's not in my budget currently.

I'm looking at getting an awning for its perks while camping, but I cannot for the life of me find any sort of gutter-only brackets for any awnings, and looking to see if anyone has some ideas for this.

Thanks
Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
I'd mount an awning to a set of crossbars or roof rack rather than directly to the gutter rails.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I'd mount an awning to a set of crossbars or roof rack rather than directly to the gutter rails.
This. I already searched high and low for something similar and determined it must not exist and for good reason. Maybe try and buy a used set of crossbars?

OP
OP

Casper2001

First Name
Boston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys
Yeah, I kinda figured if I couldn't find it then it wasn't around, not 100% sure if a 30-or-so pound awning would create that much stress on the gutter, but I don't think I want to be the one to find out.

Thanks.

AndrewHW

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I'm currently looking for shade options as well and don't want a roof rack. Haven't really found what I'm looking for that seems efficient and worth it.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have the Thule low profile clamp on roof racks ; handy for lumber and kayaks. The clamp on feet are excellent for securing a simple light awning. The roof bar is plenty strong enough, as the far side clamp is taking part of the lateral pull that might result from wind. Easy to remove too.

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little late to the game here but I wonder if you could install the rhino back bone system and then mount the awning mounts directly to the pads that are on the top instead of putting crossbars on.

EDIT: Here's a pic of the pads I'm talking about:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gutter Mount Brackets for Awning 1675181859411
Sponsored