BroSyl

First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Hydro Blue Willys 4dr
I wish we all could be that lucky!!!
SAME! I'm at 14 weeks. The best part is the delivery got pushed twice. Initially they said first couple of days of September. Last week, dealer tells me it will be delivered Friday. NOPE, try again. Nothing Saturday either. Then yesterday said they got the call it was being delivered. NOPE, thanks for playing try again later. Today, nothing. On top of that, he texts me and says, sorry, 2 trucks today with things I wasn't looking for are here. I've decided to name her Xanadu, because of the idyllic vision that she is. Almost unicorn or mermaid like. When she finally arrives it will be like a mirage.
Sponsored

lisalynne

First Name
BlackBetty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, '21 High Altitude on order
SAME! I'm at 14 weeks. The best part is the delivery got pushed twice. Initially they said first couple of days of September. Last week, dealer tells me it will be delivered Friday. NOPE, try again. Nothing Saturday either. Then yesterday said they got the call it was being delivered. NOPE, thanks for playing try again later. Today, nothing. On top of that, he texts me and says, sorry, 2 trucks today with things I wasn't looking for are here. I've decided to name her Xanadu, because of the idyllic vision that she is. Almost unicorn or mermaid like. When she finally arrives it will be like a mirage.
It is sooooo frustrating!!!!!!

Jfmoore79

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door - Just Ordered!
I placed an order on 8/20, received the VIN within 5 days, and had been waiting for parts to be gathered up until 3 days ago with no build date available. Today I checked on the status after hearing about Granite being discontinued and here is what I got from Jeep chat:
"I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

Not that I am upset but just wondering if it is common to be waiting on additional equipment?

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
I placed an order on 8/20, received the VIN within 5 days, and had been waiting for parts to be gathered up until 3 days ago with no build date available. Today I checked on the status after hearing about Granite being discontinued and here is what I got from Jeep chat:
"I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

Not that I am upset but just wondering if it is common to be waiting on additional equipment?
Yes, very.

Sponsored

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!

Things like tailgate reinforcement or half doors, maybe a few other things lead to that status. Mine has been in that status for over 2 weeks, so prepare yourself. :headbang:

Retired Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
My Jeep has been built and at the body vendor since September 11th, but no movement. Jeep chat said the body vendor could take up to 14 days. I told the rep it was 14 days today, and she said check back Monday. Jeep needs a different body vendor if they can't keep up.

Jfmoore79

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door - Just Ordered!
That does seem excessive. I understand difficulty with acquisition of materials and staff shortage but you would think spreading to multiple vendors or finding other methods would have been tried

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!
My Jeep has been built and at the body vendor since September 11th, but no movement. Jeep chat said the body vendor could take up to 14 days. I told the rep it was 14 days today, and she said check back Monday. Jeep needs a different body vendor if they can't keep up.
I went into JB / Body Vendor on 9/9 and just changed to shipping as of today, so you shouldn't be far behind.

lisalynne

First Name
BlackBetty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, '21 High Altitude on order
I went into JB / Body Vendor on 9/9 and just changed to shipping as of today, so you shouldn't be far behind.
I just went from inspection to JB/Body Vendor. So if I follow the course above I may get it before the end of 2021.......

Sponsored

pwrlifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys

Same exact response from JC this morning. Must be a copy/paste response from a person or it's a bot. Ordered on 8/17. I thought all the features/optional contents I selected (convenience, cold weather and safety group) would have been installed on the manufacturing line:(

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
That does seem excessive. I understand difficulty with acquisition of materials and staff shortage but you would think spreading to multiple vendors or finding other methods would have been tried
Yes I'm sure all of those things were/are being tried. We have similar issues at our company. Current suppliers are all strained and unwilling to take on new/additional work. They are trying to use their limited resources to keep the production line moving because that is what rings the cash registers. So if you introduce any new widget or try to shift the product from one supplier to another, you will face this huge pressure. Then you have to deal with things like one supplier can do something but the new supplier needs the part to be modified and so engineering has to go back and reevaluate and revalidate..... it is a freaken' nightmare!

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
I
75DE5A74-C2AD-458B-8AC6-4E38643D386B.jpeg

Ordered from Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Jeep in Irvine, CA. He said it would take 8 weeks, if showed up in 7. Glad the wait is over! Anyone in SoCal looking for a good dealer, check out Rob. Smoothest sale experience at a dealer I have ever Had by far.
I ordered from Rob too, on September 2. 2 door 6 speed white Willys cold, premium sound, and GG. Still in D status.
Sponsored