Sponsored

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
My ETA to dealer was 8/23 to 9/3 JC now says 8/31 to 9/14. My sales rep says he checks for it everyday but doesn't give me any information. JC has been giving me information when I ask for it.
Sponsored

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
So the latest news on a 6/19 order šŸ˜ž

Screenshot_20210827-164526_Gmail.jpg

Coltenk54

First Name
Colten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC At4
Does anyone know average deliver time from factory to southern Illinois area? Mine shipped Wednesday and going on vacation next Thursday. I hope it doesnā€™t show up when Iā€™m on vacation, as I probably wonā€™t be able to enjoy it šŸ˜‚.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
So JC currently has me in D1. Sometimes they run behind most of the time just make stuff up so I wrote our buddy Daniel and asked him for a status update. Sometimes our dealers have better info. He has the same thing...

"Tod, It has moved to D1 so it is finally in line for production and shows a current estimated ship date of 9/13! Woo hoo! Let's hope it stays on track"!

Daniel

One page one of this forum @nerubi explains the process great. When my dealer says estimated ship date September 13, that's actually estimated build date, correct? I know, estimated and it's all a guess. My 2nd time around ordering a JL. Parts are gathered, do we really need to wait 17 days to start the build :) XR Rubi order BTW. Ordered 7/12.

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
Interesting day.

FCA US Support had sent email early last week with delivery window of 08/24-09/06.

I need to get my airfare setup as the price is substantially higher if waiting til the last minute.

Called Jeep Phone Support, she gave me the same window but refused to tell me if it is enroute. I asked if it was fully built, sitting in Toledo, on a train, on a truck or on my dealers lot. She would give me no information.

Hung up got on JC. Got the guy with 13 consonants in his name again. He wouldn't give me anything.
His only response was to contact the dealer.

I sort of had a small, toddler fit about how hard it was to deal with his company. His reply "Contact the dealer"

Contacted my dealer via email. I had emailed him late Sunday, got no response, but it was late on a weekend, pinged him today and got response in 5 minutes.

Was told it is due to arrive by 09/06. No additional details were offered.

What a frustrating process. I'm gonna book a flight for 9/11 (yeah, that kinda freaks me out) because the airfare is less than half of the week prior.

Southwest allows for ticket changes and credit even on their cheap fares if the train derails in Missouri or something.
Oh believe me, I threw a bunch of toddler fits after the 14th week of waiting. Now they tell me the case is closed and further information would be updated VIA email as warranted. ? After asking WTF does that mean, she put me in hold. When she came back she said my jeep was shipped Aug. 22. Funny, yesterday when I called, they told me the ETA to my dealer was 9/3-9/17. I can drive to Toledo Ohio is less than 7 hours. What takes 13-26 days to get from Ohio to Central PA

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Oh believe me, I threw a bunch of toddler fits after the 14th week of waiting. Now they tell me the case is closed and further information would be updated VIA email as warranted. ? After asking WTF does that mean, she put me in hold. When she came back she said my jeep was shipped Aug. 22. Funny, yesterday when I called, they told me the ETA to my dealer was 9/3-9/17. I can drive to Toledo Ohio is less than 7 hours. What takes 13-26 days to get from Ohio to Central PA
All I can get is estimated drop to dealer. Figured worst case and booked my flight a week later. ALL I want to know is if the GD thing is in transit or sitting in Toledo. No one will tell me. Argh.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
All I can get is estimated drop to dealer. Figured worst case and booked my flight a week later. ALL I want to know is if the GD thing is in transit or sitting in Toledo. No one will tell me. Argh.
Your dealer should have access to the delivery tracking system that shows actual time of check points and estimated arrival time. Depending on if it is going by truck or rail it will show when it was loaded, when it hits different RFID points (for rail), when it hits the rail drop points, when the truck picks it up frop the drop yard, and when it arrives at the dealer. Mine showed those points including sitting in Chicago for a day while it was moved from one rail line to another.

Another order I tracked that was heading to Idaho showed it picked up in Toledo, then the train went up into Michigan, picked up more cars then to southern Illinois for pickups and drops, then slowly crossed the country until it arrived at the Spokane drop yard waiting to go to Kellogg idaho dealer. I happened to be on vacation in that town the day it arrived at the dealer and sent pictures of it the oman who ordered it. Hers took about 4 months from order to delivery. So the tracking system is very helpful to know exactly where it is once it leaves the factory if your dealer will give you the information. Some will claim they don't have the system but I think they just don't want to bother. My dealer sent me a copy every day showing the progress.

And remember that once at the rail drop it can take days before it is picked up to go to the dealer. One woman had her order sit at the drop yard for three weeks before a truck picked it up. Jeep Chat doesn't have access to this system so they tell you to check with the dealer. And transportation is not done by Jeep so they are at the mercy of the rail and truck companies.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Your dealer should have access to the delivery tracking system that shows actual time of check points and estimated arrival time. Depending on if it is going by truck or rail it will show when it was loaded, when it hits different RFID points (for rail), when it hits the rail drop points, when the truck picks it up frop the drop yard, and when it arrives at the dealer. Mine showed those points including sitting in Chicago for a day while it was moved from one rail line to another.

Another order I tracked that was heading to Idaho showed it picked up in Toledo, then the train went up into Michigan, picked up more cars then to southern Illinois for pickups and drops, then slowly crossed the country until it arrived at the Spokane drop yard waiting to go to Kellogg idaho dealer. I happened to be on vacation in that town the day it arrived at the dealer and sent pictures of it the oman who ordered it. Hers took about 4 months from order to delivery. So the tracking system is very helpful to know exactly where it is once it leaves the factory if your dealer will give you the information. Some will claim they don't have the system but I think they just don't want to bother. My dealer sent me a copy every day showing the progress.

And remember that once at the rail drop it can take days before it is picked up to go to the dealer. One woman had her order sit at the drop yard for three weeks before a truck picked it up. Jeep Chat doesn't have access to this system so they tell you to check with the dealer. And transportation is not done by Jeep so they are at the mercy of the rail and truck companies.
Thanks. All I got from the dealer is its due to drop by 9/06, pickup by the next weekend, if it shows ontime.

I've already setup airfare based on that information.

I am in no hurry now. Jeep has already delayed it enough that I've missed all 6 events I was hoping to take it to. My next one isn't until October, tho I wouldn't bet money Ill have it by then.

JLo

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2022 JTD
Thatā€™s what I heard yesterday about only being able to order Xtreme Recon Rubicon. I wonder why? Must be prioritizing 2022s.
Update! I was able to order a V6 Automatic Rubicon today without the Xtreme Recon package. I guess they no longer require that package but they will be closing 2021 orders soon.

Sponsored

RichardAK

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Ordered 6/21 and still no ship date. Still gathering partsā€¦.

I wonder what part/parts are so hard to get? I ordered a Sport S w/6-speed, soft top and tech group. Thatā€™s about itā€¦

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
Your lucky. They still can't give me any details. Going on 10 weeks for my JLURD. Was told est ship of 8/30 two weeks ago. Since then no one can find the date or has any info about it.
The Dealer can provide the info. Donā€™t let them tell you they canā€™t.

SFWSCX3

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 05 Cayenne Turbo, 14 X5 D 21 JLURD
Thanks. All I got from the dealer is its due to drop by 9/06, pickup by the next weekend, if it shows ontime.

I've already setup airfare based on that information.

I am in no hurry now. Jeep has already delayed it enough that I've missed all 6 events I was hoping to take it to. My next one isn't until October, tho I wouldn't bet money Ill have it by then.
That sucks. My Sales guy kick a$$. I did purchase a truck from him this year and we speak often. He sent this yesterday and updates me daily, even on his days off. ā€œI donā€™t expect that, but he states it takes 30 seconds to log in and lookā€. Maybe get on the Sales Guy a bit. At this point itā€™s principal.

2A436AB8-2979-4B4D-A660-73C69A668C05.jpeg

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado
That sucks. My Sales guy kick a$$. I did purchase a truck from him this year and we speak often. He sent this yesterday and updates me daily, even on his days off. ā€œI donā€™t expect that, but he states it takes 30 seconds to log in and lookā€. Maybe get on the Sales Guy a bit. At this point itā€™s principal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process 2A436AB8-2979-4B4D-A660-73C69A668C05
Thatā€™s awesome!!!

My sales guy assured me heā€™d update me every step of the way and every time the status changed. The only time he updates me is when I email to ask about it and JC has been my only source of real info. If I was still relying that heā€™d update me Iā€™d still be thinking mine was in D1 status (that I had to ask him about after JC told me it was there) and 6 weeks out instead it actually shipping right now.

I wish dealers would get that whatā€™s mundane for them is exciting as hell for us. Iā€™d rather get a text every few days saying not much has changed than literally nothing for weeks until I ask and then feel like Iā€™m a bother. I had to almost threaten a bit to even get my order form 6 days after ordering

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
The Dealer can provide the info. Donā€™t let them tell you they canā€™t.
Oh I know they can. Problem is they haven't gotten back to me in over a week now šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. Buy luckily after getting it escalated I was told as of Friday its in paint so I'll see how long I takes to complete and get ready to ship. Hoping shipping is short as I am 150 miles away from toledo
Sponsored