Sponsored

bigcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Black/Black/6speed
6/21 - Order Placed
6/28 -VON received from Dealer
7/1 - VIN received via Jeep Chat "The Jeep is in the production stage waiting for all parts to be available so that it can move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. I'd recommend contacting back in five to six weeks for a new update check"
7/6 - via Jeep Chat "I recommend that you check back in 1-2 weeks for an update. your order is in the scheduling phase of the manufacturing process. The parts required to build the vehicle are being scheduled and as soon as they available and ready, order will be scheduled for build."
7/12 - via Jeep Chat - no change
7/12 - via Jeep Customer Care. "as of 7/10 ready to proceed to the line, have all the parts"

BUT......also from Customer Care today. Toledo assembly is closed this week for general maintenance, NOT due to chip shortage.

I confirmed this week's shutdown via this article published this afternoon 7/12/21. https://news.yahoo.com/chip-shortage-not-affecting-jeep-183200327.html#:~:text=But the shortage has had,chain issues facing our industry."
"The Toledo Assembly Complex that produces the Jeep Wrangler SUV and Gladiator midsize pickup will take previously scheduled downtime this week to perform general maintenance."

No matter when your order was placed, sounds like we're all stuck in the same boat this week!
Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Just curious.... I was given the status of "D" by Jeep chat each time I checked since 6/19 for my order. but today it updated from "parts are being gathered" to "parts have been received" but I was told they cannot place a "letter status" on it anymore.

Is this accurate? Is this the same as D1?
I placed my order on 04/30. For the first couple of weeks JC would give me the letter corresponding the current order status. After that, for about a week, it was hit or miss as to whether I could get the letter code. Then it was not at all. I have not talked to JC since 06/02, the day before I picked up from the dealer.

D is prior to D1, AND there are cases of D1 to D regression for reasons that are unexplained. I have also read of this regression happening multiple times in the same order. I can be completely sanguine about it now, but I remember how frustrating it was not to have precise information. Thinking back about it it might have been better not to be able to track it at all.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious.... I was given the status of "D" by Jeep chat each time I checked since 6/19 for my order. but today it updated from "parts are being gathered" to "parts have been received" but I was told they cannot place a "letter status" on it anymore.

Is this accurate? Is this the same as D1?
D is firm schedule, serial number assigned. It basically is the start of planning your Jeep. Like one person said you can go back and forth from D to D1 because of a parts shortage, parts going on recall or other issues. Back two years ago when they had a recall on manual transmissions they regressed the orders with them until they could figure out the problem and get the manufacturer to get fixes to them. There was just about riots when that happened.

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
I just got off the phone with Jeep Chat about my order status. I also asked them if they were still accepting orders for 2021 4xe's as there's been some rumor they were sold out of 21's. He said they were still accepting orders, just not for hard tops. Wonder if there is some sort of hard top backlog or shortage or something? Maybe a production batch turned out bad and cracked too easily? Weird, but maybe this has something to do with your holdup? It looks like Ford is having serious issues with the hard top supplier and pushed back hard top model until 2023!

2021 Ford Bronco Hardtop Production Delayed Amid Supplier Issues (fordauthority.com)
I don't know. At week 2, I was assigned a VIN number and was in whatever the status is that says all parts are available. I was told I would receive an email from jeep so I could track my Jeep. It will be 11 weeks friday and i have yet to receive an email. When I call my dealer, they tell me the jeep is still in D1 status and the delivery date was June 28th. This whole process is taking the fun out of having a new vehicle for the first time in my entire life. (I am 62)

Sponsored

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
I just got off the phone with Jeep Chat about my order status. I also asked them if they were still accepting orders for 2021 4xe's as there's been some rumor they were sold out of 21's. He said they were still accepting orders, just not for hard tops. Wonder if there is some sort of hard top backlog or shortage or something? Maybe a production batch turned out bad and cracked too easily? Weird, but maybe this has something to do with your holdup? It looks like Ford is having serious issues with the hard top supplier and pushed back hard top model until 2023!

2021 Ford Bronco Hardtop Production Delayed Amid Supplier Issues (fordauthority.com)
By the way, where do i find Jeep Chat?

Sponsored

BroSyl

First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Hydro Blue Willys 4dr
We have to surrender our current 2 dr Willy's this Friday. FCA is repurchasing it because it is a lemon. 😭
It's been sitting dead at the dealership for 4 months waiting on a wiring harness.
Love that freaking Jeep! We finally pulled the trigger last year and got one, haven't even had it a full year and have to give it up. BUT... we ordered a new one about 3 weeks ago. A hydro blue willy's unlimited with nearly all options. I still wanted a 2dr, but that was vetoed. I did get to choose the model and color though, so I'll live with 2 extra doors. 🤪
I've been stalking this thread, Jeep chat and my dealership because I am worse than a kid at Christmas! It's like a form of torture waiting for this thing to arrive. So I feel the pain of you all. Then to read a week shut down for "general maintenance", oh my blood pressure. Well I guess if it means we do not have a lemon this time around then a week is a small sacrifice. And it gives me time to think of a name for her.

Last edited:

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
So yea, I have been following along seeing how everyone's wait is going, this sucks lol. I ordered my JLURD on 6/19 and had VON in hand leaving dealer. Vin 2 days later when I contacted JC to confirm order was in. Since then I have been sitting D status according to both dealer and chat. JC has said that the parts are being scheduled so hoping after this weeks shutdown I can see some progress. I am starting to wonder with it being a diesel if that's the hold up.

Simple build, Hydro blue, Black top and fenders, 7", cold weather, Tow pack. As far as I knew none of these parts where on back order as it was the 1 touch, Gorilla glass, and Gecko paint holding up many. 4 weeks in now and I keep looking at my 19 JLUR wanting to work on it but knowing the new one will be here one day lol

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Received VIN and contacted JeepChat and they said I am in the Scheduling phase (collecting parts). Question, could I still add a package since it is still in scheduling phase?
Sponsored