Sponsored

Roody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR order cancelled; 2012 Wrangler
Ordered my 2021 JLUR 2.0 auto on May 5th, it arrived on June 4th and was sitting in my driveway the afternoon of June 4th.

I was not expecting the Jeep to arrive until the end of June or early July, so it arriving early kinda caught me of guard.

Less then a month start to finish! But then I did not order it with a lot of extra electronics.

9F36130D-B4A4-4F91-930F-E9EF31D04C56.jpeg

At home with only 11 miles on it! The only thing I am not really happy about is the white lettering on the tires facing outward. Kinda unusual but then these tires are being replaced soon.

So now the real fun part starts, building it up.
Did you order Gorilla Glass? What other options? About to place an order for a JLUR that will look very similar to yours, just trying to get an idea of what options you had that made it such a quick delivery.
Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Tony - just wondering, did you order with the white lettered tired? I specifically asked for mine with BSW tires, and the dealer noted that was the default. I too do NOT want the white letters on mine (preference thing).
No I did not order it with the white side walls. It should have come with black walls out. I have not seen any other JLs with white walls in SoCal. It is actually is kinda growing on me and not worth the time, effort and money to swap them around given the short period these tires will be on the Jeep.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
Did you order Gorilla Glass? What other options? About to place an order for a JLUR that will look very similar to yours, just trying to get an idea of what options you had that made it such a quick delivery.
Standard glass because it is cheapest to replace when it gets a crack especially if you don’t have the windshield mounted safety group add ons.

I ordered this JLUR with just the basics. My 2020 had EVERYTHING and I never used most of it. So just the 2.0 auto with 4:10 gears, no added safety groups, cloth seats, no cold weather packages (I live in SoCal so real need) no LED lights, non painted fenders/top and standard infotainment system. The only two option I added were the HD trailer package (better alternator and added power switches) and HD rock rails.

About the only this I would have changed was adding the LED lights, I did like those on my 2020 JLUR. The basic lights are not even close to the performance of the LEDs. My solution (as was it prior on my JKU) is to simply add a set of aux LED driving lights to the soon to be added new front bumper when it goes on. This was already planed as part of my build up and worked out great for my need in the past. So you could say on this one option I cheaper out...LoL

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Just a little nugget on the bonus cash email I received from Jeep. Rubicon is include. the only thing that's not is Grand Cherokee SRT/Trackhawk. But something I didn't know is that it must be financed through Chrysler Capital. Maybe that works out?? Dealer financing is part of my 7% under invoice price so I was already planning on refi with Navy Federal after making the required payments. So maybe I go with Chrysler Capital at whatever that rate is and get the dealer discount plus the $1,000 bonus cash. We'll see. Just letting folks know that's a requirement on the bonus cash I received. I hadn't even thought about that. FYI

Sponsored

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
Man
Just a little nugget on the bonus cash email I received from Jeep. Rubicon is include. the only thing that's not is Grand Cherokee SRT/Trackhawk. But something I didn't know is that it must be financed through Chrysler Capital. Maybe that works out?? Dealer financing is part of my 7% under invoice price so I was already planning on refi with Navy Federal after making the required payments. So maybe I go with Chrysler Capital at whatever that rate is and get the dealer discount plus the $1,000 bonus cash. We'll see. Just letting folks know that's a requirement on the bonus cash I received. I hadn't even thought about that. FYI
I hope I get one of these coupons! I’ve used about 4 emails!!!

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Man

I hope I get one of these coupons! I’ve used about 4 emails!!!
Yep. I used different emails and signed up for updates as well as a brochure. Did it several times. Not sure which one triggered it. Came to email.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Interesting. If that is correct, it is a change. I did not use Chrysler financing on my Wrangler in 2019, and I got my Bonusdrive money.

Jeep55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
Occupation
Retired at the Beach
I ordered mine 4/27 as well and just got build sheet yesterday
I ordered Sport JL 2DR on 5/21 but still Jeep chat showing status "materials needed to start the build process have been received" -- now going on over 2 weeks. Some who ordered their Jeep later date than mine already have build sheet and sticker, particularly the Rubicons. May have the same wait time as yours.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting. If that is correct, it is a change. I did not use Chrysler financing on my Wrangler in 2019, and I got my Bonusdrive money.
That’s the same thing the dealer said. He hadn’t ever seen that. IDK??
1EC60E6E-ACD9-43BC-8193-8716406C5627.jpeg

Sponsored

jhp8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Int
That’s the same thing the dealer said. He hadn’t ever seen that. IDK??

Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process 1EC60E6E-ACD9-43BC-8193-8716406C5627
I actually noticed in my original email that fine print wasn't there. When I got a 'reminder' email, the fine print was included.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Guess i will find out in a couple weeks when my new one finally arrives. I plan to submit for it.

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
I ordered Sport JL 2DR on 5/21 but still Jeep chat showing status "materials needed to start the build process have been received" -- now going on over 2 weeks. Some who ordered their Jeep later date than mine already have build sheet and sticker, particularly the Rubicons. May have the same wait time as yours.
That stinks you have the long wait time. I ordered mine the 4/27 and was so excited that it finally went to Trim and is done in one day BUT now it has been sitting in whatever they want to call holding for accessories or delivery IDK I'm only 150 miles away.... I would go pick it up if I could!
I really hope you get yours sooner than I had to wait. Mine is past the 6 weeks already, but I also feel bad complaining some people wait months and months. It will come and so will yours :)

Jeep55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys 2DR 6MT
Occupation
Retired at the Beach
That stinks you have the long wait time. I ordered mine the 4/27 and was so excited that it finally went to Trim and is done in one day BUT now it has been sitting in whatever they want to call holding for accessories or delivery IDK I'm only 150 miles away.... I would go pick it up if I could!
I really hope you get yours sooner than I had to wait. Mine is past the 6 weeks already, but I also feel bad complaining some people wait months and months. It will come and so will yours :)
I'm patient, but confused with the process. IF in fact all materials have been received, I thought by now my jeep would have been queued into production. And Jeep chat does not have access to status code, which is a bit irritating. Meanwhile, I read where one customer located on the West Coast took delivery of his Jeep 4 weeks from the order date. And another whose Jeep shipped 3 weeks from the day ordered....how lucky. Gee, to be 150 miles away from Toledo and you can't pick it up must be frustrating...oh well, this too shall pass. :)

pcsquared

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe
When it comes to the JeepCares statuses, do we have a mapping of response to code?
Tuesday I got "vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment" (i imagine this is I?) and today I got "I am showing that your vehicle is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes." (J? JS?)
Sponsored

Last edited: