Guardian Emailing me Charging Notifications

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Two weeks into ownership now and today I got an email from Sirius notifying me of charging started and charging complete. Is this something that just started for everyone or did it just take a while to activate?
Sponsored

RafaelK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota 4Runner
Two weeks into ownership now and today I got an email from Sirius notifying me of charging started and charging complete. Is this something that just started for everyone or did it just take a while to activate?
Mine worked once I completed signup.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
It is slow to notify though. I've turned off the notification.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Yes, since I've started getting them it can take hours for some of them. Considering this is a paid service I'd not want to pay for it once the trial is out.

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Utterly useless service.

Would be nice to know precisely when vehicle is done charging (in case sharing plug with other vehicles, or using a paid charger with an idle penalty). It currently doesn't do this.

Charge information is typically two or more hours behind actual. Forcing an update still takes at least five minutes for new information to reflect - assuming the request for an update went through. I guess the lock/unlock feature might be useful if I forgot my keys in the car.

A lot of the information fetched is useless. Why would I ever need to know the PSI of my tires remotely? What good is having the odometer and trip meters? Oil life meter isn't useful unless I'm within 20% or less remaining. All of this could be handled as optional information fetches, instead of being added with all the other charging information.

What I'd rather see are compiled data trends. Example: How much driving was done in EV mode, hybrid, and gas only? What about this month? Assuming Uconnect Sirius XM Guardian includes traffic and weather, how are these affected by the weather conditions (e.g. rain)? by temperature? by traffic? By road type?

Also, actionable items: What wear and tear items should I address this month? Are there any discounts, promotions available in my area? What's the price for paid chargers, gas stations in my area? Have any new charging locations been added? What does my battery life look like? Should I fuel cycle? Have I missed a potential shortcut opportunity in my daily commute?

As is, UConnect Guardian Sirius XM (skynet corgi of pembroke the III) is not worth renewing. It's most useful feature - letting me know when my car is done charging - is better handled by a simple "hey Siri, set timer" based on the car's onboard dashboard estimate charge time.

OP
OP

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Agree with all the above. I'm a software architect, so it drives me a little crazy.

I get some of the limitations the designers and engineers are given to work with. They have many vehicles with different needs and hardware that is likely outdated long before manufacture date.

Although that isn't a good excuse for the mobile app. Ford's mobile app improved greatly over time but it started off way better.
Sponsored