Uconnect push notifications - Charging Interrupted

DJdevilCT

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
So this is one of those dumb little things that happens every single day and kinda pisses me off every time.

I charge my 4xe overnight in my garage. When I plug it in I see the charging lights start blinking and I get a push notification from Uconnect on my phone & watch announcing that charging was started. Whatever time it finishes I assume the charging lights on the dash go dark, which is how I find it every morning. I unplug it, get in and power up, noting the battery shows 100%.

As I begin to drive, without fail my phone & watch get a push notification that charging has been "interrupted."

There is no message when charging is completed, which would actually be nice to know. Instead what I get every single day is "charging interrupted," which is wasn't.. It went through a full cycle to 100% and shut itself off because it was done.

On rare days when I don't leave the house all day, but the Jeep was still charged and unplugged, the push notification will show up whenever the car is started again. That's how I first noticed it's not triggered by the unplugging of the charging cable but by pressing start.

Does this sound like a glitch in my system? Or is this how it's designed?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Same thing happens on ours. It will also trigger in the event of a power issue to the charger itself (if the circuit was to trip or the power goes out.

OP
OP
DJdevilCT

DJdevilCT

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Same thing happens on ours. It will also trigger in the event of a power issue to the charger itself (if the circuit was to trip or the power goes out.
An interruption notice for a power issue makes total logical sense. But I do not understand getting one when starting up after completing a full charge.

Deleted member 72291

It happens to me too and also on every other 4xe owner I know.

Simple answer is the Uconnect App sucks. I tired the new Jeep app too and it does the same thing. So, verdict is all the apps suck. Lol

OP
OP
DJdevilCT

DJdevilCT

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
haha Yeah they do. Well I’m happy I don’t need to take it in for service, but it’s still disappointing. Seems like a fairly simple fix, no?

Sponsored

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
My wife's does not get such messages, which can be 'turned off' in the app preferences, if it 'pisses you off' that much......

Geeze...

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
This happens with often with mine, but I do not get push notifications so usually its the next time im in the app. Its strange, idk if its my plug but it seems to be when I press the release button but do not pull out in the same motion I get a red flash of the status light. No other issues so I havent thought much of it.

OP
OP
DJdevilCT

DJdevilCT

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
My wife's does not get such messages, which can be 'turned off' in the app preferences, if it 'pisses you off' that much......

Geeze...
I’d rather not turn off the notifications because when I’m plugged in at a public charger I want to know what’s happening. “Kinda pisses me off” is how I described it. No one’s panties are in a bunch over it.

OP
OP
DJdevilCT

DJdevilCT

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
This happens with often with mine, but I do not get push notifications so usually its the next time im in the app. Its strange, idk if its my plug but it seems to be when I press the release button but do not pull out in the same motion I get a red flash of the status light. No other issues so I havent thought much of it.
That’s interesting.. I haven’t paid attention to the timing of the release button.

Smurf

First Name
Smurf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 4xe (exp delivery end of Jan 2022)
I am admittedly daft about all things "PHEV," but I have heard from others that Uconnect just generally sucks. I, also, only get the "charging interrupted" alert when I unplug it, even if at full charge for some hours before I unplug (ie: all lights out, and have been plugged in for 14+ hours on a standard wall socket.) Also, I often get the alert 5+ minutes after plugging in or out. And, yeah, when I asked, folks said "app just sucks in general."

Sorry that wasn't super helpful, but, also, doesn't feel like you need to take it into the dealer for an app issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DJdevilCT

DJdevilCT

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
I am admittedly daft about all things "PHEV," but I have heard from others that Uconnect just generally sucks. I, also, only get the "charging interrupted" alert when I unplug it, even if at full charge for some hours before I unplug (ie: all lights out, and have been plugged in for 14+ hours on a standard wall socket.) Also, I often get the alert 5+ minutes after plugging in or out. And, yeah, when I asked, folks said "app just sucks in general."

Sorry that wasn't super helpful, but, also, doesn't feel like you need to take it into the dealer for an app issue.
It’s always helpful to know when there isn’t a service issue. Thanks for the reinforcement.

Jfk3674

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
What I wish they would do is have a push notification that your 4xe is not plugged in. I know the ford phev do that of you set it up. Like “10pm let me know if I’ve not plugged in.” I tried to get it with google or Alexa telling me but I just get the jeep app asking how it can help and not really do much.

OP
OP
DJdevilCT

DJdevilCT

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
What I wish they would do is have a push notification that your 4xe is not plugged in. I know the ford phev do that of you set it up. Like “10pm let me know if I’ve not plugged in.” I tried to get it with google or Alexa telling me but I just get the jeep app asking how it can help and not really do much.
So I’ve never tried this, but I saw something about scheduling when you want to start your charge. Supposedly you can plug it in when you get home and it won’t start charging until the time you’ve set it up for. Handy for areas that have reduced prices during certain hours. No idea what kind of push notifications are attached to that service. (My guess is they’re not what we would want.)

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Someone mentioned to schedule it so it will finish charging just before you leave for your commute, said the warm battery from being freshly charged, would perform better.

4xeFans mentioned starting it up while still plugged it, so it will precondition the battery from the wall power, and not off the battery.

I find if I warm up with the gas engine, the battery performance tend to be a bit better, I don't have a home charger so I cannot start it to warm up while plugged in.

OP
OP
DJdevilCT

DJdevilCT

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe Sahara
Someone mentioned to schedule it so it will finish charging just before you leave for your commute, said the warm battery from being freshly charged, would perform better.

4xeFans mentioned starting it up while still plugged it, so it will precondition the battery from the wall power, and not off the battery.

I find if I warm up with the gas engine, the battery performance tend to be a bit better, I don't have a home charger so I cannot start it to warm up while plugged in.
Wait, you're kinda blowing my mind here.. "precondition the battery from the wall pawer"? I need to investigate, something doesn't sound right about that.

I don't want to go too far off-topic on this thread, but I'll say I'm definitely getting crappier MPG on Hybrid Mode in the colder temps. However I haven't found that the battery itself is performing worse.. as much as the Jeep is electing to use the ICE more. That's been my observation anyway, haven't tracked any details on that.
Sponsored