Got 392 Wheel Questions?

joshastine

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK
I would sell the trim rings and bolts if needed, I have the bead lock rings coming for my wheels.
I actually am in need of rings. I was going to ask if they come off - without removing the tire? I understand 24 are true beadlocks and 12 aren’t. I just got a set of these wheels and the “beauty rings” are beat to hell so I was going to refinish them but if you’re selling yours I’d rather go that route considering it’s 30° here in MI and I don’t have a heated garage to spray in…

joshastine

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK
So, I just got a set of these with tires but all black. Put them on my JK, fit like a glove. The rings are beat up, and I was curious if I can take them off without removing the tires since they aren’t functional beadlocks (12 bolt)? I apologize in advance, I’m new to beadlocks/beauty rings. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So, I just got a set of these with tires but all black. Put them on my JK, fit like a glove. The rings are beat up, and I was curious if I can take them off without removing the tires since they aren’t functional beadlocks (12 bolt)? I apologize in advance, I’m new to beadlocks/beauty rings. Thanks!
Yes, you can just unbolt them.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Hello, we own a 2018 JLUR with 37 Nitto 13.5 20x12 Wheel. We are getting ready to trade it for a 392 skytouch, in the next few weeks. Did not get the Recon addition. We didn't build the jeep new like I did my JLUR. So it comes with 33's. We are going back and forth to get 35's 13x50 w/ a 20x10 Wheel. Does anyone have that configuration. I forgot how much of an offset my Rubicon has now, I don't like how it drives, i feel I'm all over the road due to the offset of the wheels sticking out too much with a high tire in 37's, with a Fox 2 1/2 in lift. We are thinking of not adding the Lift on the 392 since it will already come a little taller then the Stock JL Rubicon... Thoughts... Can anyone show how it stands/Looks with 35's 12.50 or 37''s or 37's 13.50 . Dealership was giving a suggestion to switch to Toyo AT with 37's 12.50, , on a 20x10 Rim, We were looking at TIS 554, Fuel Rage , Fuel Contra. My 392 is Sting Gray. I really like red in the TIS 554, black with hint of red. I'm being pushed away from that since it has Bronze on the Jeep. I have Hostile Sprocket Design 20x12 now on my JLUR. It is super cool, but not sure if i should go back to the same deep dish design again or do a Concave design... That is what I like about Jeeps. Transform them into anything... Oh, we live in Florida... So my Jeep is a Princess... ahah
Thoughts on sticking with BFG 35's or 37's... Is that a smoother ride?
Jeep Wrangler JL Got 392 Wheel Questions? My Jeep

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Hello, we own a 2018 JLUR with 37 Nitto 13.5 20x12 Wheel. We are getting ready to trade it for a 392 skytouch, in the next few weeks. Did not get the Recon addition. We didn't build the jeep new like I did my JLUR. So it comes with 33's. We are going back and forth to get 35's 13x50 w/ a 20x10 Wheel. Does anyone have that configuration. I forgot how much of an offset my Rubicon has now, I don't like how it drives, i feel I'm all over the road due to the offset of the wheels sticking out too much with a high tire in 37's, with a Fox 2 1/2 in lift. We are thinking of not adding the Lift on the 392 since it will already come a little taller then the Stock JL Rubicon... Thoughts... Can anyone show how it stands/Looks with 35's 12.50 or 37''s or 37's 13.50 . Dealership was giving a suggestion to switch to Toyo AT with 37's 12.50, , on a 20x10 Rim, We were looking at TIS 554, Fuel Rage , Fuel Contra. My 392 is Sting Gray. I really like red in the TIS 554, black with hint of red. I'm being pushed away from that since it has Bronze on the Jeep. I have Hostile Sprocket Design 20x12 now on my JLUR. It is super cool, but not sure if i should go back to the same deep dish design again or do a Concave design... That is what I like about Jeeps. Transform them into anything... Oh, we live in Florida... So my Jeep is a Princess... ahah
Offset out isn't going to make you go all over the road. 20s and 35s might be the look you're going for but it's definitely going to affect drivability and comfort. Also, odds are very good your tire pressure is too high, hence the wandering. With my 35x17s I run them at 30 psi cold. I have no clue what you can run 35x20s at.

Jacoboffroad

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0 T
We sold our tires for $800. There are a lot of people that want these wheels so I would post them for sale on the Forum here and on FB Marketplace. I would try listing them for $1200-1500 depending on how fast you want to move them.
Have you sold your tires? I want to buy those.

Jacoboffroad

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0 T
I have one of my 392 wheels with me in my office today so that I can measure for a big brake kit. Figured I would offer to answer or check any questions for you guys today. Let me know if you need to know anything or have me check things! Here's a pic of the wheel with my new 37" Nitto's on them:

*Edit: I am adding a photo of the back side of the wheel with the wheel specs:

The bed lock is simulated right ? Not fictional

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
The bed lock is simulated right ? Not fictional
Its a bead lock capable wheel with a trim ring on it from the factory. You can (or have to) add the bead lock rings from Mopar in order to mount the tires using the bead lock feature.
Sponsored