Gorilla Glass Windshield

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
If your deductible is $0 and it is free to get a new OEM windshield, then free is hard to beat. But that was not the case for me or many others.

I agree that it is more expensive ($700+$149=$849 total), but I checked if my insurance would cover the total cost minus my deductible and they said Yes. My deductible is $250 so, it didn't cost me anything more. In the long run, it should also save the insurance company $$.

One should also consider the cost & frustration savings when the GG prevents getting a windshield replacement. I found out a factory windshield was $540 using Allstar Glass and I would have to pay $250. So, it may be worth spending a little more up front to save more $$ in the long run.
Makes sense when you phrase it like that
Sponsored

Jack Arthur

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2.0L
OK — so I took delivery on the JLR at left on September 30, 2020 — got rock impact spidering windshield on November 8. Safelite replaced with Jeep brand windshield following week. Got another rock impact spidering windshield on December 29 — Safelite replaced with non-Jeep windshield following week (“no Jeep branded available”). Got stress crack across entire windshield on February 17 (at -5 degrees F). Safelite coming out March 2 for “warranty inspection/replacement”. Maybe I need to try and force a GG ”replacement option” with them. So far this has been a $100 insurance deductible comprehensive adventure, but on the 4th windshield since September 30 in 6,500 miles — this is a lot of trouble...

jameslavis

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Sport S
it doesn’t stop rock pits. i got hit with a very small rock and got a pit. so it isn’t as strong as they say and not enough to warranty
Sponsored