Sponsored

Gorilla Glass Windshield for JL - Not Available

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The Gorilla Glass Windshield for a Wrangler JL, as of 7/21/2020, is not yet available.

The ad below, is for the JK but FCA insists on sending it out to both JK and JL owner's:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gorilla Glass Windshield for JL - Not Available gorilla-glass.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My sons, my wife and I all currently have cellphone screens that are broken???
@twisty

So what......you telling forum member's your son's and wife and you are all klutz's... Apparently so.....

I posted the info as I know many JL owner's are thinking Gorilla Glass for their JL's. I'm not saying it would me a good alternative. Time will tell.

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Man-of-methods

The info was sent to a local guy I know in an email from a dealership somewhere out of state where he purchased his JL. The email said it was avail for the JL and they had the image I posted today..

SO, it may be phoney news tendered by the dealer. If so, I regret starting thus thread.... :headbang:

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
@Man-of-methods

The info was sent to a local guy I know in an email from a dealership somewhere out of state where he purchased his JL. The email said it was avail for the JL and they had the image I posted today..

SO, it may be phoney news tendered by the dealer. If so, I regret starting thus thread.... :headbang:
Well, I don't think it's phoney....dealers sometimes jump the gun and want to be first to give the scoop. Obviously they have it for the JK, I'm optimistic that they'll soon offer it for the JL. Here's one thing though, I've searched this part number and have seen it as low as $330, mark my words, if and when it becomes available for the JL, it'll be more expensive.

Nice find @Rhinebeck01

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It is coming, according to @JeepCares . But not yet. They told me it is expected in November or December. I would have waited to replace my windshield if it had been expected in December.

mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
My sons, my wife and I all currently have cellphone screens that are broken???
Ya honestly cell phone screens aren’t durable at allllll. If that’s their benchmark I’ll pass lol

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Ya honestly cell phone screens aren’t durable at allllll. If that’s their benchmark I’ll pass lol
Yeah there are people who have set up kiosks in the mall that repair iPhone screens while you wait and those people are making a fortune.

I've yet to see much of any really positive news on the Web about Gorilla Glass in any usage.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Is this only an aftermarket Mopar offering, or will you be able to order it as a factory option?

If the latter, it's possible some insurance companies will offer a premium discount. That said, the cost to lower one's 'Other than collision' deductible to zero is typically less than $100/year. It's probably cheaper to just do that and get your windshield replaced more frequently than pay the upcharge for Gorilla Glass.

CyBourg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 07 Honda S2000, 2018 JLU Sport O)|||||(O
There are different levels of strength for gorilla glass. I would assume it’s not exactly the same as what’s used in your iPhone. Maybe not the best example for them to use but it gives some people who may not be aware of the technology a reference point?

I’m due for my 4th windshield since April so I’m willing to give it a shot.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Yeah there are people who have set up kiosks in the mall that repair iPhone screens while you wait and those people are making a fortune.

I've yet to see much of any really positive news on the Web about Gorilla Glass in any usage.
Wait. People still go to malls?
Sponsored