GoRhino E1 power steps on JL

Duckee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Mojito
Anybody install GoRhino E1 power steps on a JL yet? I just put them on my JLU Sahara and they look great but only the passenger side works as it should. The driver side function is reversed. Door open, it’s retracted / door closed, it’s down. All wiring is nice and clean, the grounds are good, and the connections only fit into each other one way. Any suggestions? Could it be a defect in the steps control module?
Perfect height and works great on the side that is working correctly!
Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Anybody install GoRhino E1 power steps on a JL yet? I just put them on my JLU Sahara and they look great but only the passenger side works as it should. The driver side function is reversed. Door open, it’s retracted / door closed, it’s down. All wiring is nice and clean, the grounds are good, and the connections only fit into each other one way. Any suggestions? Could it be a defect in the steps control module?
Perfect height and works great on the side that is working correctly!
Any help is appreciated.
Did you get this issue fixed? My wife is looking at the E1s for her new 392.

Has anyone else installed this on their 4dr JL?

OP
OP
Duckee

Duckee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Mojito
Yes I called support and it turned out the harness connections on the one side were reversed, front and back. Once corrected they work great. Installation was easy, I like them, they work well and are at the perfect height. They come with the cutoff switch which I put next to the seat belt base on the driver side so I can operate them manually when the doors are off I I have passengers.
My only suggestions for improvement from the mfg would be:
1. To add a 3 second delay before they retract. Sometimes when closing front door then opening rear door it makes for extra up/down which would be avoided
2. Make the motors a little quieter so you don’t hear the wine of the motor but it is not a big deal.
3. Add a micro adjustment to the motor to better control the closed position. For some reason the passenger side step once in a while knocks the bottom of the jeep when closing. Spacing is the same on both sides so don’t know why. Only happens once in a while and only if others are in the Jeep.
Overall they look great, work great and everyone likes them. Easier to install than the most popular brand, costs less, comes with the cutoff switch, too.

Curcurt

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thanks for the update. My wife will order them this weekend. They show they are on sale, but they might always be on sale.

OP
OP
Duckee

Duckee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Mojito
Probably, I think that is about what I paid. If you have any installation questions let me know. As fyi, the place around here wanted 600 to do it.
Sponsored