Sponsored

Goodbye JL

macphisto13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT but wanting to add a Jeep to my stable
See, my point exactly. I ended up taking the MB camping and hauling UTVs. The Jeep only around town, hehehe.
In your profile pic, you're towing a camper with your Rubi. What camper is that? Was the Rubi not enough to tow it and that's why you got rid of it?
Sponsored

RLC2020

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
It's too bad they couldn't have designed the regular Wagoneer to be a more rough and tumble vehicle like the Wrangler. A more utilitarian interior with body color dash panels, rugged switch gear, neoprene style fabrics. Something like the new Defender interior. And give it wheels arches, a tougher looking grill, more aggressive tires, etc.

Then have the Grand Wagoneer be the Mercedes chaser. Make the two vehicles distinct for different audiences. I myself would go for the more utilitarian version.
I agree 100% with this. I was very disappointed with the reveal of the Wagoneer/Grand W. I was hoping for something more retro styled and jeep like. All we got was a Lincoln navigator clone IMO. Wife loves her Wrangler, but I need to tow 6000+ and we need room for the kids / dogs / luggage etc. I traded in my Titan XD and ended up with a Yukon XL instead of waiting for the Wagoneer... I would have been throwing my money at the dealer if Jeep had offered something rugged and 8 passenger that can tow like a 1500 for the same money I spent on my GMC. The perfect vehicle does not exist, but it could have. FCA decided to go with ultra luxury and big $ which seems to contradict the Jeep philosophy.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
I enjoyed this forum since 2018 when I got my JLRU MT. The jeep gave me few headaches, most caused by myself. No complaints. Great car and fun to drive. Only reason to part ways with my Jeep is towing capacity. A few changes in my life and I found myself using my MB AMG being the one going where the Jeep was meant to go simply because the MB has double the towing capacity. Not a Jeep issue, but my own personal thing. Reluctantly bought truck, better tool for the purpose.
Keep it up guys, and keep the Jeep wave. Best wishes to all in this great community.
Regards
Torero
Life happens and I have been in your shoes. I have owned a Jeep constantly since I turned 16, actually just sold that one. I finally stopped dd a Jeep when my WJ was totaled. Got a truck to tow, finally 9 years later I am back in a daily driver Jeep.

Stay safe and do what makes sense to you, but like others have said you will be back when the time is right.
Sponsored