First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Alltrails says this trail is closed as of Sept 2020 due to the wildfire. However, with the fire 68% contained, do you think it's open?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I say stay away. Fire is so unpredictable; Fire containment goes up but it can also go down. Probably be best not to push your luck. Stay safe.

CJTJJK-JLNOW

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR ^2
With the San Bernardino National Forest closure order still in effect I’d think that’s why this trail is showing closed. I’m staying away from all the local trails until things open up again.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
Every back trail leading into big bear area is closed, and I mean from the northern desert area. I tried. I’m sure they plan on keeping it closed until they get a handle on all fires that require man power that take resources from all areas. They can’t afford to have another fire start with no resources to spare.

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
At my cabin in Arrowhead right now and the mountains are closed.

Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
From my limited knowledge, all national forest in southern California are closed until September 21. After that date forests will be opened on a case by case basis.

Rogueman_1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Granite Crystal 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
From my limited knowledge, all national forest in southern California are closed until September 21. After that date forests will be opened on a case by case basis.
Sounds about right. I can tell you that DVNP is open however as I was out there last weekend camping. Temps stayed under triple digits (just barely) so it wasn't too bad.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Sounds about right. I can tell you that DVNP is open however as I was out there last weekend camping. Temps stayed under triple digits (just barely) so it wasn't too bad.
I can't wait for the temps to start cooling in the desert. With all these fires the desert will be the only refuge as we get into fall/winter. How was the smoke in DVNP when you were there? I heard the smoke has crept into both Saline and Death valleys

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I can't wait for the temps to start cooling in the desert. With all these fires the desert will be the only refuge as we get into fall/winter. How was the smoke in DVNP when you were there? I heard the smoke has crept into both Saline and Death valleys
I was in DV yesterday, smoke wasn't bad, a little hazy in the distance but couldn't smell it. Of course I live close so I may just have the smell blindness now.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Wind shifted last night and the smoke is back, looks kinda gloomy over towards DV. I would still go but I wouldn't take anyone with breathing/ lung issues. If anyone wants a real time report of the smoke levels around DV post here and I'll tell you what I can see and smell from about 40 miles away.
Sponsored