Getting wires through the firewall

xsaltlifex

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 black on black 6 spd 2 door
Hey jeepers' was wondering what method or route you took to chase wires through the fire wall for switches for light bars and such. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hey jeepers' was wondering what method or route you took to chase wires through the fire wall for switches for light bars and such. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..
If you have an automatic, there’s a plastic body plug in the firewall just below the brake booster. Pull the plug drill a hole in it, put it back, run your wires and seal with RTV and you’re good to go.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
If you have an automatic, there’s plastics plug in the firewall just below the brake booster. Pull the plug drill a hole in it, put it back, run your wires and seal with RTV and you’re good to go.
That's what I did. I ran a 0 gauge wire through the plug and popped the plug back in place.

OP
OP
xsaltlifex

xsaltlifex

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 black on black 6 spd 2 door
Thanks guys. I have a six speed but I still have some sort of grommet under the brake booster. Will investigate further after work.

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
1996cc posted this pic along with that article this pic shows the nipple to use on the grommet for pass through on passenger side. read the article to save yourself a lot of trouble.9 do not go through the red highlighted area! you can see the nipple to use right next to it)

Wire pass through nipple.jpg

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
DO NOT RUN WIRE ON PASSENGER SIDE FIREWALL, IT WILL COST YOU $2500. I did it on mine and accidentally pulled some sensitive wire inside while running cables and cost me $2500 just to repair it. It not worth it.
Sponsored