Sponsored

Getting ready to special order. Question on Altitude model.

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Dealer says no V6 with auto option. Can add this on wedsite build configurator.
Anyone have the V6 with auto in their Altitude?
Also how do you like this model?
Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
maybe you should go with another dealer?
paint matched front and rear bumper, dana 30 front axle?
not my thing.....

OP
OP
mdkautzman

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Sorry. I was looking at the Sport Altitude. Black bumpers. I will need to check on axles.

OP
OP
mdkautzman

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
You know the more we look at this model the more we don't like all the glossy black. Sticking to our Sport S build.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

You know the more we look at this model the more we don't like all the glossy black. Sticking to our Sport S build.
Sport Altitude on 33s with V6 and auto. No gloss black on mine. The exterior badging is all matte black. The interior dash pieces are more of a gunmetal grey than a glossy black. Also, the steering wheel is matte black, except for the Jeep logo and ring on the airbag.

Jeep Wrangler JL Getting ready to special order. Question on Altitude model. IMG_0308

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP
mdkautzman

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Sport Altitude on 33s with V6 and auto. No gloss black on mine. The exterior badging is all matte black. The interior dash pieces are more of a gunmetal grey than a glossy black. Also, the steering wheel is matte black, except for the Jeep logo and ring on the airbag.

Jeep Wrangler JL Getting ready to special order. Question on Altitude model. IMG_0308
What's different on the Altitude from a Sport S. Same axles, gear ratio? Besides 18" wheels.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What's different on the Altitude from a Sport S. Same axles, gear ratio? Besides 18" wheels.
The Sport Altitude is based off the Sport S, but gets Sahara shocks and brakes.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
The May order guides doesn't show the Auto V6 being available for the Sport Altitude. It used to be able to be configured that way, so maybe you can find one on a dealer inventory.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Also heads up, if you haven't ordered yet, and you can, you may want to wait a week or two. 2022 order guides should be up in the next ~2 weeks (based on the past few years) and may have some new things to consider, different trim setups, etc.

OP
OP
mdkautzman

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Also heads up, if you haven't ordered yet, and you can, you may want to wait a week or two. 2022 order guides should be up in the next ~2 weeks (based on the past few years) and may have some new things to consider, different trim setups, etc.
Awesome. Our timing is around 2-3 weeks so this will fall in perfect.

Thank you!

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I can't help with the Auto V6, but I LOVE my Sport Altitude with Manual/V6.

You get the hard top headliner, blacked out interior trim (which I'm a fan of over the silver trim in other models), Sahara suspension and upgraded brakes, all terrain tires on 18s for really not much more.

I added the LED package, Limited slip diff, dual top, safety group, towing package, 8.4" w/ Alpine, and Cold Weather group and it came out to about $400 more than the equally equiped Sport S. For me, the fact it had better brakes was enough, but the rest of the package was a nice upgrade. I'm not a fan of the body colored fenders or Hard Top which you get on the Sahara altitude

kiddy2fan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer, 2011 Honda Civic
I can't help with the Auto V6, but I LOVE my Sport Altitude with Manual/V6.

You get the hard top headliner, blacked out interior trim (which I'm a fan of over the silver trim in other models), Sahara suspension and upgraded brakes, all terrain tires on 18s for really not much more.

I added the LED package, Limited slip diff, dual top, safety group, towing package, 8.4" w/ Alpine, and Cold Weather group and it came out to about $400 more than the equally equiped Sport S. For me, the fact it had better brakes was enough, but the rest of the package was a nice upgrade. I'm not a fan of the body colored fenders or Hard Top which you get on the Sahara altitude
Jeep shafted me on the tires on mine, just took delivery last week, when I rolled into the lot for pickup the first thing I noticed was it had highway tires on it. I was like ughhh. Ill be at the tire shop if someone is looking for me.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Jeep shafted me on the tires on mine, just took delivery last week, when I rolled into the lot for pickup the first thing I noticed was it had highway tires on it. I was like ughhh. Ill be at the tire shop if someone is looking for me.
That Sucks!

Did you get the Cold Weather Group? I wonder if that changes the tires and I just assumed it came w/ All Terrains by default? Could probably find a decent set of Sahara take off tires for cheap
Sponsored