Ready to place my order!!

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
We have some friends that got there new 2021 JKU Sahara with the Soft Top Sliding Roof and so far it works as it should and they are totally happy with it. My biggest surprise on this Jeep is it has the 6 spd manual trans, I was blowen away when I looked inside.
Sponsored

docmac

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe
Are you able to place an order now? I was going to order my wife a Rubicon and was advised it would be October before it could be done. It would have to be a 2022. The Gladiator forum confirmed this with production starting in December. If you can still place an order...that is awesome!
Our local dealer (Gupton in TN) said that orders for most 2021 vehicle models had already closed in anticipation of the '22 model year, but that so far, Jeep was still accepting orders for '21 Wrangler. He said that could close at any time. I placed an order today.

ronarc6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Gecko (Ordered)
Good question! I've read some of the other posts about orders taking 3-4 months to be completed. It seems like the shipping to the destination is the holdup. I'm from Toledo (lol, try not to laugh!) but the Jeep factory is literally a couple miles away. I am assuming most people go through their local Jeep dealership to place their orders....I will contact mine today to ask.
I am also in Toledo, and the dealer (Yark) quoted me 3-4 weeks on new orders. From the Ship date i got from teh dealer to picking it up was 2-3 days since all it had to do was be put on a truck and driven over.

Personally, I got a hardtop and installed an electric hoist in my garage so i could zip the top on and off quickly if i wanted to so im no help there.

I did add aftermarket running board (side steps). I got a set that was nerf bars formed into two steps for the front and back doors. Took about 30 min to install by myself so really easy and i think they look great.

OP
OP

kittykat2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
I am also in Toledo, and the dealer (Yark) quoted me 3-4 weeks on new orders. From the Ship date i got from teh dealer to picking it up was 2-3 days since all it had to do was be put on a truck and driven over.

Personally, I got a hardtop and installed an electric hoist in my garage so i could zip the top on and off quickly if i wanted to so im no help there.

I did add aftermarket running board (side steps). I got a set that was nerf bars formed into two steps for the front and back doors. Took about 30 min to install by myself so really easy and i think they look great.
Wow! When did you actually place the order?

Sponsored

ronarc6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Gecko (Ordered)
I placed mine end of May and received end of July (This is strictly due to my color being limited edition and it not being run down teh line for the first 6 weeks, which I heard from people at teh plant). Once the color was running I received the jeep within the 2-3 week timeframe. I think i picked it up 2 days after it finished assembly at the plant

OP
OP

kittykat2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Just wanted to thank everyone who responded to my thread! Even with all the pre-purchase research I did, , I still learned so much from all of you who are current jeep owners.

Update: Ordered my Willys on 9/3/21. Picked it up yesterday 10/1/21 SOOOO HAPPY!!!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ready to place my order!! tempImage4HjMgj

To my new forum friend from the "419" - definitely think being in Toledo made the process a little faster! Used the same dealership too.

Ended up adding:
Premium soft top, upgraded Alpine system, both safety packages, cold weather package, tech and convenience packages and the gorilla glass. LED's included on the Willys.

Tried to add the proximity key (for a crazy $645) - NOT AVAILABLE without adding the $4395 premium door package!!!! You were all right, huge fob...almost the size of my hand!

Jeep dealer super nice but not as knowledgeable as I had hoped.
- Asked about side steps, he ended up convincing me to get the $975 Mopar side step (basically a slightly wider running board than the one included). I'm a little vertically challenged 😉 and could seriously use a stepping stool to even reach the side step! Problem is I think the dealer said I couldn't add anything else due to the Mopar step I already purchased.
- When I picked it up yesterday, dealer did not know how to put the top down.😫 He asked a co-worker who also had no idea. Ended up figuring out how to flip it back but not bring it all the way down. And that was a little more cumbersome than it looked on all the videos I had watched before ordering.

Bottom line - LOVE IT!!! But already know I will be looking into the MyTop, an aftermarket remote entry (if available) and additional side steps. Any suggestions, please let me know!! THANK YOU!

Merc

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door 6mt Willys; 2013 Subaru Crosstrek
I ordered 9/2 2 door 6mt Willys and still in D status.

OP
OP

kittykat2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Where is it being delivered and Is that information from JC or your dealer? I found that my dealer sometimes had more up to date information.
Sponsored