Sponsored

Get off my Jeep!

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Just had a $5100 insurance claim on one of our vehicles due to squirrels chewing up the engine harness. We saw the same thing as you, squirrels climbing up through the wheel wells. Be careful letting those jerks climb around too much.

OP
OP
unknownsolo

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
Sheesh! Yea, I went out looking for him, but he wasn't there. If it's going to happen it will at some point. We have lots of these jerks around here.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Hopefully, he'll get ahold of the 400v wire first and that'll be the end if him.

Jiggs1960

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2022 Chevy Colorado
Vehicle Showcase
Just had a $5100 insurance claim on one of our vehicles due to squirrels chewing up the engine harness. We saw the same thing as you, squirrels climbing up through the wheel wells. Be careful letting those jerks climb around too much.
hadn't considered that.......that would suck.

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Clean off the footprints before going to a dealer. I had a bad locker sensor and the 1st thing the dealer did was pop the hood with a flashlight. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Looking for signs of rodents. If we see any signs of rodents that have been under the hood it voids any warranty items related to electrical issues."

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara

Sponsored

Valpo Jeep

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mas Ghibli, 18 JLU, 05 Gulfstream RV
Many years ago my dad told me about a guy he worked with that had something like that happen. The animal climbed into the engine bay to stay warm and slept there overnight. Well the next morning when he went to leave the animal was still there and the fan belt caught the animal and tossed it around the engine bay ripping out lines and wires everywhere. Yeah it was a mess. Never did hear the repair bill other than to say the car shutoff a few miles from home after all the damage was done.

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clean off the footprints before going to a dealer. I had a bad locker sensor and the 1st thing the dealer did was pop the hood with a flashlight. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Looking for signs of rodents. If we see any signs of rodents that have been under the hood it voids any warranty items related to electrical issues."
F that dealer. I'd never be back with some BS like that.

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
I hate squirrels, they do a lot of damage to many things, not just wiring in vehicles. I have 2 buildings that are very old and had some squirrels get in and damaged a lot of the insulation between the boards. This is not normal insulation as it is made of clay mixed with moss and hay. Very expensive to fix. The materials aren’t expensive but the labor was the worst.
Sponsored