First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willy's Unlimited
Occupation
Audi Shop Foreman
I stumbled upon this Genesis Dual Battery system on YouTube the other day. Looks pretty cool. Wondering if anyone on here has installed it and what your experience has been like so far?
Thanks
Sponsored

QPJeep420

First Name
Quitman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I ran one in my JK for 2 years before I traded for my JLUR. It was my first mod on it. It is a great system in my opinion. It really depends on your needs. I run a fridge full time in mine so to me it makes sense. Very easy install.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Tons of info if you search the forums. I love mine and will never look back.

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
2 of my 3 Jeeps run the Genesis system. One is a 2015 JK Rubi and the other is a 2020 JLU Rubi. Both have been used extensively for overlanding where this is pretty essential IMO. Well worth doing if you have electrical things you want to run but don't want them running off your cranking battery.

Do note though, that if you do go this route, you're going to need some kind of distribution and switching product such as an sPOD or the RedArc system.

We use sPOD in both the 2015 JK and 2020 JLU, and it has been reasonably reliable. The sPOD failed on the JK about a year back. Annoying, but it happens. We also ended up replacing the solenoid on the JK's genesis system just before winter.

On my 392 ended going with a RedArc system and have a 100 Ah LiFePo (self heating for when temperatures drop too low) as my aux battery. I don't have the "jump start" ability that I have with the Genesis system simply because on the 392 there's no space for a second battery in the engine bay so it had to go in the cabin, which would mean running some pretty serious cabling back to the cranking battery for this. Didn't seem worth it. TheRedArc system is a fully fledged Battery Management System though for the Aux battery: tapers charge as it gets above 90%, etc etc.

nismo1013

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 392 AEV370
On my 392 ended going with a RedArc system and have a 100 Ah LiFePo (self heating for when temperatures drop too low) as my aux battery. I don't have the "jump start" ability that I have with the Genesis system simply because on the 392 there's no space for a second battery in the engine bay so it had to go in the cabin, which would mean running some pretty serious cabling back to the cranking battery for this.
Details on your install? Am currently in my planning phase for installing a 100Ah LiFePO4 in a 392, so would be great to see what others have done. I believe the rear cubby is too small for a 100Ah, so have been looking at installing under the rear seat?
Sponsored