First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The potential 24 hour wait seems to really be insurmountable for some people.

If I was to buy any kind of extended warranty I would have it in case of really large repairs. I may be an exception, but I don't green light major out-of-pocket repairs with the same speed as okaying a broken tail light. It's not lack of funds; it's due diligence. And...my due diligence doesn't mind a 24 hour look see.

I'm just trying to spread the wealth on what may be a good thing for some members. God knows, I've received many good tips on the Jeep forums.

If the extended warranty provides more peace of mind than the mechanical breakdown insurance, by all means, go for it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I have family in the insurance business and they all have told me to stay as far away from Geico as possible. Sure they are cheap but if you have a claim you'll find out why. Their claim service is apparently horrible. I can only imagine it's even worse on a repair contract especially if you have to pay for the service then wait to be re-reimbursed. I'd much rather have leverage on the dealer in that situation by having purchased a warranty through them at the time I bought the vehicle. That scenario (with Toyota anyway) wen't flawless for me when my 4runner's 4wd actuator went out. I'd research online with the BBB and others and make your own determination.
I've been with GEICO for 25 years. Several claims over time. They've been fantastic EVERY time. No issues, no complaints, and nobody else can touch their rates (I look every year) at least in my situation. Only USAA came close, but even then GEICO came out on top.

tuckmt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL EcoDiesel
I also have Geico and have MBI on my 2017 Superduty and 2018 BMW 540. Both of those policies are less than $10/month for MBI.

My front and rear cameras on my Superduty recently went out and they covered no problem with the $250 deductible.

I just bought my wife a 2021 JL Ecodiesel. I just called Geico to add the vehicle an inquired about MBI and they quoted me $52/month. I said that doesn't sound correct.

Not sure if my claim drove my quote up for the JL.

I am going to give it a week or two and call back to see what the deal is?

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I just bought my wife a 2021 JL Ecodiesel. I just called Geico to add the vehicle an inquired about MBI and they quoted me $52/month. I said that doesn't sound correct.
For comparison sake, my 2021 JLURD's MBI is $42.31/six-months. It sounds like your $52 quote could be for six-months and the agent misspoke???
Sponsored