Sponsored

Gas pedal stopped working

Doomgaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I was warning my JLUR up today to prep for ice removal. It's about 28°f here and I had some mild ice on the windshield. I started the Jeep and while in park, revved it to a little over 2k rpm for a bit, then let it rest. Repeated this a few times until the engine was warm, then out on the defrosters.

When I was ready, I shifted out of park into drive, and pulled out. That's when I noticed no matter how do I pressed the gas pedal nothing happened. It stated at idle and I drive 5mph around the block. I stopped, put it in park, and tried to rev it, nothing happened. I shut it down, restated it, and it worked normally again.

What could this have been, and should I be concerned? Should I talk to the dealer about this? BTW, 10k miles, no issues except steering getting stuck, but I haven't taken it in for the tsb yet.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I was warning my JLUR up today to prep for ice removal. It's about 28°f here and I had some mild ice on the windshield. I started the Jeep and while in park, revved it to a little over 2k rpm for a bit, then let it rest. Repeated this a few times until the engine was warm, then out on the defrosters.

When I was ready, I shifted out of park into drive, and pulled out. That's when I noticed no matter how do I pressed the gas pedal nothing happened. It stated at idle and I drive 5mph around the block. I stopped, put it in park, and tried to rev it, nothing happened. I shut it down, restated it, and it worked normally again.

What could this have been, and should I be concerned? Should I talk to the dealer about this? BTW, 10k miles, no issues except steering getting stuck, but I haven't taken it in for the tsb yet.
All that revving maybe it thought you where getting ready to drag race so it shut you down. I'm guessing the accelerator is hooked to the computer and it got a little confused. Just like my laptop freezes and I have to reboot. If it does it again I would talk with the dealer. Maybe we will need to view temp things like this as part of the increasing computerization of all cars.