gas can

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Couple things to note.
RotopaX says, quoting from warranty
“We recommend venting fuel packs daily based on temperature and elevation changes, we will not warranty packs that have not been vented."
Also, if Blu bi Kong is sold out of stock, RotpaX sells a spare tire mount for the JL. Personally I buy from Vic if he’s still got some.
If getting a Rotopax cell don’t get the self venting spout, junk IMO and you only get 30 warranty. mine failed first time I used it, BTW.
Sponsored

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I've got @Blu bi Kong 's spare tire rotopax setup and it is great! I also have two old 3.25 gallon ATV flat rack tanks that I think pre-date Rotopax. They have little twist vents on them that make venting very easy and they are a MUCH thicker and stronger polymer, so I've never seen them bloat. If needed, I could run them on a roof rack.

Honestly, I've not actually wound up needing extra fuel in the JLU, or my JKU even when traveling out west. My buddy in the 2 door JK was the one who needed my fuel, Lol! I think he got just over 200 miles out of a tank. His Jeep is on 35's and has lots of bumper, skid plate, and accessory weight, so that all takes a toll on mileage. At the max, though, I could carry nearly 10 gallons, so that would really stretch the legs of a Jeep.

Now if we were in Australia or Africa, you could never get enough fuel!

Btw, the quality of Blue bi Kong's spare tire mount is exceptional! It is rock solid!
Thanks for the shout out Dan. I have used the extra fuel on a couple excursions in to Death Valley and happily carry and use extra fuel on our upcoming trip over the Camino de Diablo. As much as 185 miles one way without exploring little offshoots. That extra fuel is quite an added security out there.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Couple things to note.
RotopaX says, quoting from warranty
“We recommend venting fuel packs daily based on temperature and elevation changes, we will not warranty packs that have not been vented."
Also, if Blu bi Kong is sold out of stock, RotpaX sells a spare tire mount for the JL. Personally I buy from Vic if he’s still got some.
If getting a Rotopax cell don’t get the self venting spout, junk IMO and you only get 30 warranty. mine failed first time I used it, BTW.
Kind words @sourdough. Thank you for the shout out. I have 6 left

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I also got Blu Bi Kong's rotopax mount. solid and low profile. Great quality. I applied a few coats of spray paint and that was it. Installation takes 5 minutes.

Jeep Wrangler JL gas can IMG_20200707_191332424
Sponsored