Sponsored

Fuse box question.

DarkhorseJL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2.0L (owned 12 other Jeeps)
Occupation
Behavioral / Clinical Psychologist
This is my 9th Wrangler but only have had CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, YJ, XJ and a few others. Love my JL but I'm still learning the little intricacies. I'm getting ready to run my dual Rigid flood and spot separates as well as KC Hilites Cyclone (8 piece) rock lights and a non-factory Kicker amp and CompQ 15 amp. Usually I have ran S-pods or some other quick wire harness even gone old school and just ran them via distribution block direct to battery. Thankfully I opted for the aux button group so no messing with wiring, buying a separate block or running a bigger battery and/or alternator.

So I was looking at the wiring options, grounds and power diagrams - after popping the hood and the fuse box to plan out the aftermarket lights and audio, I noticed that the fuse box has posts facing the engine but still connected to the fuse box (diagram shows N1, N2, N3, etc) but no where have I seemed to have found what those connect to - however I haven't traced wiring or connections.

Does someone know or have used those posts for grounding points or does anyone know their purpose? Ive seen and talked to a few other owners of JLs and JKs but no one has Any help is appreciated.

9D3E049C-50D2-4885-AA19-0AF002AC0036.jpeg
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I believe that’s where I tied in for Mopar aux switches per the instructions. It’s been a couple years and I’ve sold that vehicle so I can’t check. But you might look up the Mopar aux switches and dig through the instructions for locations. However, it did requiring programming the Uconnect system to “add” the switches, so they may be controlled by the CAN bus, I’m talking out of my pay grade here, just want to make sure you’re aware that it may be more complicated than just “plug and play”

Edit: found the instructions, it shows connecting to the positive terminal of the battery and another (controller?) wire connects to the fuse box

https://s3.amazonaws.com/rp-part-images/assets/583e7df885ad0a1c3503bd127a233047.PDF

4FE8E9EA-79D1-4689-A56D-DE7D6B9A08C8.png

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that’s where I tied in for Mopar aux switches per the instructions. It’s been a couple years and I’ve sold that vehicle so I can’t check. But you might look up the Mopar aux switches and dig through the instructions for locations. However, it did requiring programming the Uconnect system to “add” the switches, so they may be controlled by the CAN bus, I’m talking out of my pay grade here, just want to make sure you’re aware that it may be more complicated than just “plug and play”
I think I just learned something...are there instructions that should have come with the aux switches? Never seen or heard of this, but would be very interested if you could scan and post, or just provide a link. Many thanks.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I think I just learned something...are there instructions that should have come with the aux switches? Never seen or heard of this, but would be very interested if you could scan and post, or just provide a link. Many thanks.
I linked it in the post above 👆

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
The underside of the PDC (fuse box) lid tells what the fuses and those terminals are for.

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I linked it in the post above 👆
LOL...thanks....totally missed that. Wow, those are some lengthy and not-well-explained instructions though! Much appreciated.

OP
OP
DarkhorseJL

DarkhorseJL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

there are plenty of instructions on YouTube to wire and identify which aux switches run to which aux bottoms as well as the amperage

OP
OP
DarkhorseJL

DarkhorseJL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LOL...thanks....totally missed that. Wow, those are some lengthy and not-well-explained instructions though! Much appreciated.

Edit: found the instructions, it shows connecting to the positive terminal of the battery and another (controller?) wire connects to the fuse box

https://s3.amazonaws.com/rp-part-images/assets/583e7df885ad0a1c3503bd127a233047.PDF

Jeep Wrangler JL Fuse box question. 4FE8E9EA-79D1-4689-A56D-DE7D6B9A08C8
i definitely appreciate that info. Truly.I was just wondering if those are all power or can they be used for grounding points.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

i definitely appreciate that info. Truly.I was just wondering if those are all power or can they be used for grounding points.
🤣 there’s a couple good chassis grounds on the passenger side, above the fender, near your capped off aux switch wires.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
You need a multimeter.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
All power as identified on the lid.
Sponsored